All About Alligators (All About Series) by…

All About Alligators (All About Series)

by Jim Arnosky

This book tells readers all about alligators; where they live, what they eat, how big they are, and much more. Prior to reading this, I didn't know much about alligators, but I have been intrigued ever since I moved to Louisiana. One thing that I now know is that alligators have a third eyelid for seeing under water. Also, I can tell the difference between alligators and crocodiles thanks to the illustrations that showed me how crocodiles have a narrower snout.
This book is great for a science lesson on reptiles, especially for students in Louisiana or other areas where alligators are prevalent. It will teach them all about alligators and the dangers that they may present to humans as well. ( )
  srmorgan | Apr 25, 2016 |
I thought this book was decent. It was kind of long for a children's text I thought, but it can be read by an adult to the child. This text can be used to teach children about alligators in an animal unit. It can also be used to do a unit on Alligators or the letter A. All in all, I think it could have many uses, but it would not be my number 1 pick. ( )
  ksm276 | Apr 11, 2016 |
The title of All About Alligators explains exactly what the book is about. Arnosky writes the book to tell facts about alligators. He gives facts such as an alligator's habitat, their hunting style, and body structure. He gives factual information without becoming boring. I love the illustrations. Arnosky has beautiful watercolor paintings of alligators. ( )
  mferaci | Apr 22, 2015 |
This book ansers questions about how alligators: live, eat, grow, the sounds they make, and much more! The book has fabulous illustrations that portray the actual sixes of things sucha as eggs as well!
  Nicole129672 | Dec 3, 2014 |
A well-illustrated concept book that will have young readers hooked on alligators. The author did an excellent job answering any question a student may have about alligators. The book includes information on how alligators and crocodiles are different. It also gives a very good clarification of what a cold blooded animal is. ( )
  mccabe1030 | Jul 12, 2012 |

Part of a major reprinting of renowned naturalist Jim Arnosky's beloved All About series, All About Alligators is a thorough and colorful introduction to the world of alligators.

In Spring 08, Scholastic Nonfiction is relaunching Arnosky's treasured All About series with all-new paperback covers! In All About Alligators, Arnosky shows how these animals grow and live, answering kids' biggest questions about alligators, such as: Where do alligators live? What do alligators eat? How big do they get? What sounds do they make? And there's information about crocodiles, too! Packed with intriguing information and brought to life by Arnosky's vibrant watercolors, this book will fascinate young readers.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 17:58:44 -0400)

Watercolor illustrations accompany a description of alligators and their habits.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,895,197 books! | Top bar: Always visible