Paper and Fire (The Great Library) by Rachel…

Paper and Fire (The Great Library) (original 2016; edition 2017)

by Rachel Caine (Author)

Member:Darkson
Title:Paper and Fire (The Great Library)
Authors:Rachel Caine (Author)
Info:Berkley (2017), Edition: Reprint, 400 pages
Rating:*****
Tags:young adult, fantasy, paranormal

Paper And Fire by Rachel Caine (2016)

Paper and Fire - Caine
3 stars

This is the second book in Caine’s Great Library series and it is the second time that I’ve been disappointed. I like the underlying premise of this dystopian world. I like the young characters who band together to make great changes. It is a shame that the author spends so much time creating an atmosphere of mistrust and danger, and so little time on the relationships of the characters. ( )
  msjudy | Mar 12, 2019 |
This is the second book in The Great Library series, there are five books planned for this series. I absolutely loved this book. This is such an interesting world with unique characters.

I listen to these on audiobook and they are very well done. Elfer does an amazing job with narration and I would highly recommend this series on audiobook if you enjoy audiobooks.

In this book Jess and crew have to join together to rescue Thomas and save Morgan from the Iron Tower. Along the way they hear strange rumors of something called The Black Archives. Jess believes the Black Archives could be the key to stopping the Great Library’s abusive power.

There was a ton of action in this book and lots of interesting intrigue. We learn more about the obscurists and what they can do and also get to venture into the Iron Tower. I have been loving this series: the story, the characters, and the world are all just perfect.

Overall I am loving this series and this was a great addition to it. I would recommend this series to those who enjoy historical fantasy with intriguing world-building and engaging characters. I can’t wait to read the third book, “Ash and Quill”. ( )
  krau0098 | Mar 1, 2019 |
Paper and Fire is a sweeping tale of social reform, family betrayal, friendship and love. With characters that are believable and likable, it is easy to get caught up in the unending action.

While the second book in a series, it can be read on it's own without a feeling that you have missed a large portion of the tale. ( )
  Velmeran | Jan 26, 2019 |
3 1/2 stars

I quite looked forward to this second book in Rachel Caine’s Great Library trilogy, and I was not disappointed: the story advances toward what I envision as the final showdown between the Library and those who feel the need to break the shackles it imposes, and there are a good many breath-taking moments and harrowing escapes, not to mention a few important revelations. Yet I did not feel the same level of involvement as I enjoyed with the first volume, and for a number of reasons that taken singly do not amount to much, but all together do indeed cast some shadows on an otherwise engaging story [...]

Read the full review here: SPACE and SORCERY BLOG ( )
  SpaceandSorcery | Dec 25, 2018 |

[I received this book free from NetGalley in exchange for an unbiased review.]

(Editor: Anne Sowards) ( )
  tldegray | Sep 21, 2018 |
To the scholars. To the students. To the librarians. To those who fight for all of those, every day. Shine the light.

In Ink and Bone, New York Times bestselling author Rachel Caine introduced a world where knowledge is power, and power corrupts absolutely. Now, she continues the story of those who dare to defy the Great Library—and rewrite history...

With an iron fist, The Great Library controls the knowledge of the world, ruthlessly stamping out all rebellion, forbidding the personal ownership of books in the name of the greater good.

Jess Brightwell has survived his introduction to the sinister, seductive world of the Library, but serving in its army is nothing like he envisioned. His life and the lives of those he cares for have been altered forever. His best friend is lost, and Morgan, the girl he loves, is locked away in the Iron Tower and doomed to a life apart.

Embarking on a mission to save one of their own, Jess and his band of allies make one wrong move and suddenly find themselves hunted by the Library’s deadly automata and forced to flee Alexandria, all the way to London.

But Jess’s home isn't safe anymore. The Welsh army is coming, London is burning, and soon, Jess must choose between his friends, his family, or the Library willing to sacrifice anything and anyone in the search for ultimate control...

(retrieved from Amazon Sat, 17 Oct 2015 00:51:27 -0400)

"In Ink and Bone, New York Times bestselling author Rachel Caine introduced a world where knowledge is power, and power corrupts absolutely. Now she continues the story of those who dare to defy the Great Library--and rewrite history.... With an iron fist, the Great Library controls the knowledge of the world, ruthlessly stamping out all rebellion and in the name of the greater good forbidding the personal ownership of books. Jess Brightwell has survived his introduction to the sinister, seductive world of the Library, but serving in its army is nothing like what he envisioned. His life and the lives of those he cares for have been altered forever. His best friend is lost, and Morgan, the girl he loves, is locked away in the Iron Tower, doomed to a life apart from everything she knows. Embarking on a mission to save one of their own, Jess and his band of allies make one wrong move and suddenly find themselves hunted by the Library's deadly automata and forced to flee Alexandria, all the way to London. But Jess's home isn't safe anymore. The Welsh army is coming, London is burning, and soon Jess must choose between his friends, his family, and the Library, which is willing to sacrifice anything and anyone in the search for ultimate control..."--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,175,422 books! | Top bar: Always visible