Bird (Eyewitness Books) by David Burnie

Bird (Eyewitness Books)

by David Burnie

Series: Eyewitness Books

English (6)  Dutch (1)  All languages (7)
Full-color photos. Each spread is composed of full-color photos, sketches, and explanatory text covering the anatomy, behavior, and adaptations of birds and presented in a visually appealing manner that compels further page turning.
  wichitafriendsschool | May 5, 2019 |
This is a great introduction to all aspects of birds for the beginner interested in birds. Although it's created for juveniles, the information is detailed and was mostly new to me.

I read all of it, but it is more set up for browsing for whatever is most fascinating to you. ( )
  Connie-D | Jan 17, 2016 |
Required Read
  JoseJay | Mar 13, 2015 |
INDEX; PHOTOGRAPHS, ILLUSTRATED
  saintmarysaccden | Nov 18, 2013 |
I am a harsh critic of books on birds because I love birds. Eyewitness Books does not disappoint. This book is suitable for all ages and purposes. It would be suitable as a picture book for young children and as a general reference book for all others. The book is visually interesting because every page is filled with high quality photos and illustrations. It is also scattered with interesting facts that grab the reader's attention. The topics range from birds origins, their physical attributes, their habits and development as well as tips on attracting and watching birds. If you could only have two books on birds, I recommend this one be one of them. (The other would of course be Roger Tory Peterson’s A Field Guide to Birds) ( )
  Heidi001 | Aug 7, 2009 |

David Burnieprimary authorall editionscalculated
Chadwick, PeterIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

A photo essay on the world of birds examining such topics as body construction, feathers and flight, the adaptation of beaks and feet, feeding habits, courtship, nests and eggs, and bird watching.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 039489619X, Hardcover)

Full-color photos. "Each spread is composed of full-color photos, sketches, and explanatory text covering the anatomy, behavior, and adaptations of birds and presented in a visually appealing manner that compels further page turning. The author leads us through all that is fascinating in our study of birds at a level of writing suitable for younger readers. A fine addition to school libraries at all levels."--(starred) Science Books & Films.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:15:37 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,747,850 books! | Top bar: Always visible