Taking Rites Seriously: Law, Politics, and…

Taking Rites Seriously: Law, Politics, and the Reasonableness of Faith (edition 2015)

by Francis J. Beckwith (Author)

1011,244,969 (3)1
Member:tim.dieppe
Title:Taking Rites Seriously: Law, Politics, and the Reasonableness of Faith
Authors:Francis J. Beckwith (Author)
Info:Cambridge University Press (2015), 240 pages
Tags:Politics, Christian politics

Taking Rites Seriously: Law, Politics, and the Reasonableness of Faith by Francis J. Beckwith

It is not clear from the back of the book that this book is primarily a criticism of current US constitutional legal understanding of separation of church and state. It stays very specifically in the US context.

I did not find that the views of the author were clearly argued. Sometimes I had trouble following the arguments. At other times I felt that important counterarguments were ignored. The chapter on intelligent design was the best written, and I found it quite useful. In some other chapters I was even unsure what position the author was trying to support.

I also found the use of abreviations distracting. At the very least a list of them somewhere would have been helpful. ( )
  MarthaJeanne | Nov 6, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,247,937 books! | Top bar: Always visible