I'll Be There For You by Kerry Barrett

I'll Be There For You

by Kerry Barrett

312,001,085 (4)None
Recently added byCatigerine, Kris_Anderson

I’ll Be There For You by Kerry Barrett is a lovely story. Harmony “Harry” McLeod is married to Louise Baxter and they have adopted two children, Fiona and Finlay (twins). Harry is a witch who owns and runs a spa called InHarmony (she also had a website, but recently sold it). The offer many services including one-on-one consultations or counseling sessions with a little witchy help. Louise is a detective with the fraud unit of the police in Edinburgh. They live in Dean Village in Edinburgh and enjoy living there with their children. Harry, though, has been feeling down and out of control (one thing Harry likes is being in charge or in control). Harry has lost her powers, but she does not want anyone to know.

Harry goes online and connects with Mildred Hubble (screen name). Mildred offers good advice to Harry (who uses the screen name Jasmine). Soon Harry and Mildred are “talking” frequently online. Harry finds out that Mildred is an abusive relationship and wants to help her. Harry takes time off from work to spend more time with her kids and figure out what is wrong with her magic. She joins some baby groups with her cousin, Esme. One of the groups is for witches with their children (who are witches). There Harry meets Brenna whose husband, Richard, wants to purchase InHarmony. Richard never takes no for an answer.

Harry has a lot going on her in life. She is expanding her spa by opening a new location in Morningside, she has the twins, her wife, Louise has taken an undercover assignment (which keeps her very busy and away from home), baby groups, trying to help her friend Mildred, keep Richard from her business, and find out what happened to her magic. Poor Harry has her work cut out for her, but she can use this time for growth, discovery, and learning to bake! I give I’ll Be There For You 4.25 out of 5 stars. I enjoyed this book. It is a light and breezy type of book (easy and enjoyable to read). I did find out after reading it that it is the fourth book in a series. I’ll Be There For You can easily be read by itself (as I did) or you can read the other books in the Could It Be Magic series.

I received a complimentary copy of I’ll Be There For You from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. The review and opinions expressed are strictly my own. ( )
  Kris_Anderson | May 11, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,625,324 books! | Top bar: Always visible