Curious George Rides a Bike by H. A. Rey

Curious George Rides a Bike (1952)

by H. A. Rey

Curious George is back causing chaos again as he learns a new method of transportation, a bike.
1 book
  TUCC | Apr 17, 2018 |
Curious George Rides a Bike is a traditional literature about a very curious monkey. His owner had giving him a bike for his third anniversary being his pet monkey. He told him to stay close to the house until he gets home. But being as curious as he is, he did not listen. He goes and helps the newspaper boy deliver newspapers, makes them all into boats and floats them down the river, he wrecks his front tire and is then helped by a circus director. The circus director the lets him ride is fixed bike in the show with his bugle.

I enjoyed the book and the many descriptive illustrations. It made the words stand out more. I had also remembered this book from my childhood. There are parts of the book that demonstrate enhancing interaction, where George shows you how to make a paper boat. I was intrigued myself and I had to make one of my own, to see if it really does turn into a boat. It had been a long time since I made one of those and I had forgotten how to make one. The artwork is very simple , bright and colorful which emphasises the spontaneity of the monkey.

After reading the book I would make the children build their own little boat and float it down a stream if there is one close or build an artificial one. I would also think about taking the children to a zoo where there are many monkeys. ( )
  Robyn7 | Jul 11, 2016 |
A good book to encourage children to ride a bike using a trustful character Curious George! I remember reading this book as a kid and can't wait to share it with my future classroom! ( )
  Zach.Zbylut | Jan 28, 2016 |
It's basically Curious George's greatest hits on the theme of "riding": the time he rode his bike at the circus, the time he flew away holding onto balloons and was saved by the Man in the Yellow Hat in his helicopter, etc. Real kid-friendly shit. ( )
  MeditationesMartini | Nov 13, 2015 |
The ingenious little monkey who left the jungle to live with the man in the yellow hat is at it again. What happens when he sets off on his new bicycle to deliver newspapers is enough to make heads spin. He builds a whole navy of paper boats, lands in a traveling circus as a daring bicycle rider, gets an ostrich into trouble, and rescues a runaway bear. ( )
  Jacobf | Oct 20, 2015 |
This is a great book because it also explores what students are curious about. Curious George is a very relate-able character to low Elementary students.
added by courtneyemahr | editCourtney E. Mahr

This is George.

George helps a little boy with his paper route and gets into all sorts of trouble.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:34 -0400)

George the monkey goes riding on his new bicycle and runs into unexpected adventure.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,431,199 books! | Top bar: Always visible