The Prisoner's Gold (The Hunters) by Chris…

The Prisoner's Gold (The Hunters)

by Chris Kuzneski

After a holiday in China, a novel featuring Marco Polo and the hunt for “his final legacy… the mythical treasure” sounded just the thing.

What is not made clear though is that this is the third in The Hunters series: 13th Century Italian trader Marco Polo was welcomed to China by Kublai Khan, but the riches he amassed went missing. The Hunters use Polo’s secret diary to find it but they are not the only ones in search of the treasure.

I found it tedious but Prisoner’s Gold won The Thriller Award for Book of the Year 2016 though, so someone liked it. ( )
  adpaton | Aug 11, 2017 |
This is the third book in The Hunters series, featuring an elite group put together to hunt the world's archaeological mysteries and treasures. In this adventure they are after the lost treasure of Marco Polo. They are being chased by a group of Chinese thugs who want to make sure that any treasure discovered never leaves China. We also know that some other group is tracking them in a very sophisticated way. While the team is working for Jean Marc Papineau, they are only beginning to suspect that he has an unknown boss watching them from the shadows.

One of the best parts about this series is the team itself. Each one has some sort of unique skill that is integral to the whole operation. I felt like this book was better than the previous two books, which I still enjoyed a lot. It's an action adventure genre so it's inevitably going to follow a more formulaic style. I do give Kuzneski credit for throwing in something unexpected in every book, which keeps the story and characters very fresh. It's great fun and I look forward to reading the next book in the series. ( )
  Olivermagnus | Aug 9, 2017 |
[The Prisoner's Gold] by Chris Kuzneski
The Hunters series Book #3
5's

What's It About?
At the end of the 13th century, Chinese Emperor Kublai Khan gave an Italian merchant unfettered access to his kingdom. The traveler was Marco Polo, and his journey would become legendary. Aided by a special passport that protected him throughout the land, Polo amassed unbelievable wealth and hid it before his return to Italy. To this day, the location of his treasure remains a mystery.

The Hunters—an elite group assembled by an enigmatic billionaire to locate the world’s greatest treasures—are tasked with finding the missing fortune. Guided by firsthand accounts of Polo’s travels, they quickly discover there are hostile forces willing to do anything to stop them from taking the riches from Chinese soil. Before long, the treasure hunt becomes a deadly game of cat-and-mouse that will rewrite history while taking the lives of many.

What Did I Think?
This is an exceptional series written by a very talented writer. The excitement is high level... going from a car chase to an air chase to fights to shooting and everything imaginable in between. This one had a twist that I didn't see coming, but it was a good thing. Glad it wasn't like the twist in the book before this one. You really must read this series in order or you will never figure out what is happening or why. This series will appeal to all that like a good thriller with plenty of action and a large dose of history. ( )
  Carol420 | Jul 21, 2017 |

This was the 3rd book in Chris Kuzneski's The Hunters Series. I liked Kuzneski's humor and his writing. The team seemed more of a cohesive group in this book and I was glad to see Papi fitting in better with them instead of spying on them. I found the information about Marco Polo very interesting and loved following his travels to Florence, China, Tibet and Sri Lanka. I found the plots are thrilling and the characters are fascinating especially McNutt. The fast moving action kept the pages turning all the way until the cliff-hanging ending which leaves you hungry for the next installment. I would highly recommend this series to those who love adventure thrillers. ( )
  EadieB | Jun 18, 2017 |

Book three in the #1 bestselling action series

THE TREASURE:

THE MISSION:

THE PRIZE:
As the danger mounts, will the Hunters rise to the challenge? Or will the team be killed before they find Polo’s treasure?

Graham Brown, #1 international bestselling author—
“THE PRISONER’S GOLD hits like a hammer, with intense action, suspense, and intrigue that echo to the very last page and beyond. Fantastic!!!”

PRAISE FOR THE HUNTERS SERIES:

The Daily Mail (UK)—
“THE HUNTERS is taut and fierce—with a cast of agreeably idiosyncratic characters. It feels like the draft of a movie, and it could just be Kuzneski’s breakthrough novel. It deserves to be.”

Herald Sun (Australia)—
“THE HUNTERS is Mission: Impossible on steroids. The first in a new series, Kuzneski brings together a super-expert crew of renegades to track down a lost treasure, sent into hiding in 1916 and never seen again. . . It’s all about the action, which never stops. Half the fun is imagining the all-star cast for the movie that was clearly in Kuzneski’s mind. Final verdict: Thrill Ride.”

Steve Berry, #1 international bestselling author—
“Kuzneski does it again with another terrific tale, filled with action and suspense, bringing the unimaginable to life. Definitely my kind of story!”

Scott Mariani, #1 international bestselling author—
“THE HUNTERS kicks off a brilliant new series from Chris Kuzneski. Adventure, history, mystery, and more—everything you’d want in a thriller!”

Boyd Morrison, international bestselling author—
“If Indiana Jones joined the crew of Mission: Impossible, you’d get the action, history, and wicked sense of humor in THE HUNTERS. With a thrill ride that pins you to your seat until the very last page, Chris Kuzneski sets a new standard for adventure.”

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 22 Oct 2015 09:43:03 -0400)

The travels of Marco Polo are known throughout the world. But what if his story isn't complete? What if his greatest adventure has yet to be discovered? Guided by a journal believed to have been dictated by Polo himself, the Hunters set out in search of his final legacy: the mythical treasure gathered during Polo's lifetime of exploration. But as every ancient clue brings them closer to the truth, each new step puts them in increasing danger...… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,000,958 books! | Top bar: Always visible