Hiccups for Elephant by James Preller

Hiccups for Elephant

by James Preller

Other authors: Hans Wilhelm (Illustrator)

Series: Hello Reader! (Level 2)

Recently added byprivate library, kpollmannn, SummitAcademy, sobcrca, SSCSLibrary, GSNorthEdmond, ESLSVSD, sstarker

Elepahant has the Hiccups. His friends are trying to sleep but they can't because of Elephants Hiccups. Since they can't sleep anyway they all try to come up with ways to help him stop.

I read this book at the beginning of the year to teach a lesson aobut working together to solve a problem. ( )
  weeksie50 | Dec 7, 2010 |
Reason for Reading: My son read aloud to me. I chose this book because I wanted something he could read in one sitting this day.

Comments: Elephant has the hiccups and his friends each tell him a sure fire way to get rid of them. He tries each way and none of them work until Mouse's suggestion. But with the hiccups gone, the book ends with a surprise twist. Honestly, I didn't expect much from this book but was pleasantly surprised with the fun time we had reading it. At this reading level, the book is well written, engaging and funny. Ds particularly found one scene hilarious and he had me read it in unison with him three times before we continued on with the story. The ending is funny and I recommend it to beginning readers. ( )
  ElizaJane | Jan 29, 2010 |
This book is so cute. The animals are adorable. And the cures for hiccups? Priceless. ( )
  geekeagle | Dec 13, 2008 |
Use the book to explore different ways of getting rid of hiccups. Extend to include illness in general ( )
  Stephen_Ellis | Jul 1, 2008 |
All the animals are asleep except elephant, who has the hiccups. He keeps waking other animals up with his hiccuping, and they keep trying to cure his hiccups. Finally mouse cures them by saying “Boo!” and everyone goes back to sleep (except elephant, who now has a cold...) ( )
  t1bclasslibrary | Nov 5, 2006 |

James Prellerprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Wilhelm, HansIllustratorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

What happens at naptime when elephant gets the hiccups.

None of the other animals can sleep because Elephant has the hiccups.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 94,054,959 books! | Top bar: Always visible