The Dragon Reborn by Robert Jordan

The Dragon Reborn (edition 1992)

by Robert Jordan

Title:The Dragon Reborn
Authors:Robert Jordan
Info:Tor (1992), Edition: First Edition, Paperback

The Dragon Reborn by Robert Jordan

English (61)  Dutch (1)  All languages (62)
These books are long enough to read in the print version, but they're even longer to listen to in audio format. I guess I was just in an epic-listening mood because I started The Dragon Reborn immediately after I finished The Great Hunt! ( )
  PerpetualRevision | Oct 25, 2015 |
Ekki eins góður og fyrstu tvær í seríunni, en ég ætla að halda áfram enda ekki nema 12 eftir. ( )
  Erlingur | Jul 17, 2015 |
Boring and repetitive. I now realise that this 10 book fantasy saga should have been a trilogy. What a disappointment and indeed a rip-off. I won't be reading any further books in this series. ( )
1 vote PaddySheridan | Mar 8, 2015 |
Continues to be a satisfying series.
What a great summer read. ( )
  MaddieBloom | Jan 6, 2015 |
It was good, but not as satisfying as the others. I'm sure that has to do with the fact that, being the third book in a very long series, it is a part of the rising action of the series, so it can have no real resolution at the end. I found the characters' separation from each other and Rand's almost total disappearance from most of the story to be dissatisfying. Everyone seemed so unhappy and dispirited. Even the three girls, who did stay together, are experiencing conflict within their relationships, which adds to the sense of isolation in the book. Well, on to Book Four! ( )
  darcy36 | Jul 8, 2014 |

Nielsen, Matthew C.Illustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Reading, KateReadersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Russo, CarolCover designersecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Sweet, Darrell K.Cover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
And his paths shall be many, and who shall know his name, for he shall be born among us many times, in many guises, as he has been and ever will be, time without end. His coming shall be like the sharp edge of the plow, turning our lives in furrows from our of the places where we lie in our silence, The breaker of bonds; the forger of chains. The maker of futures; the unshaper of destiny.

--from Commentaries on the Prophecies of the Dragon,
by Jurith Doine, Right Hand to the Queen of Almoren,
742 AB, the Third Age
And it was written that no hand by his should wield the Sword held in the Stone, but he did draw it out, like fire in his hand, and his glory did burn the world. Thus did it begin. Thus do we sing his Rebirth. Thus do we sing the beginning.

--from Do'in Toldara te, Songs of the Last Age, Quarto Nine: The Legend of the Dragon Composed by Boanne, Songmistress at Taralan, the Fourth Age
Dedicated to
James Oliver Rigney, Sr.

He taught me always to follow the dream, and when I caught it, to live it.
Pedron Niall's aged gaze wandered about his private audience chamber, but dark eyes hazed with thought saw nothing.
The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend.

The Dragon Reborn--the leader long prophesied who will save the world, but in the saving destroy it; the savior who will run mad and kill all those dearest to him--is on the run from his destiny. Able to touch the One Power, but unable to control it, and with no one to teach him how--for no man has done it in three thousand years--Rand al'Thor knows only that he must face the Dark One. But how? Winter has stopped the war-almost-yet men are dying, calling out for the Dragon. But where is he? Perrin Aybara is in pursuit with Moiraine Sedai, her Warder Lan, and the Loial the Ogier. Bedeviled by dreams, Perrin is grappling with another deadly problem--how is he to escape the loss of his own humanity. Egwene, Elayne and Nynaeve are approaching Tar Valon, where Mat will be healed--if he lives until they arrive. But who will tell the Amyrlin their news--that the Black Ajah, long thought only a hideous rumor, is all too real? They cannot know that in Tar Valon far worse awaits.. Ahead, for all of them, in the Heart of the Stone, lies the next great test of the Dragon reborn....

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0812513711, Mass Market Paperback)

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the Shadow.

Rand Al'Thor is the Dragon Reborn-- able to touch the One Power, but unable to control it. Rand knows only that he must face the Dark One in a battle to the death. Ahead of him lies the next great test for...

The Dragon Reborn

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:13:47 -0400)

Rand Al'Thor is the Dragon Reborn, the leader who will save the world but in the process destroy it. He is able to touch the One Power but cannot control it. He knows only that he must face the Dark One in a battle to the death.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,886,020 books! | Top bar: Always visible