Leonardo, the Terrible Monster by Mo Willems

Leonardo, the Terrible Monster (2005)

by Mo Willems

Leonardo is a terrible monster who can't scare anyone. After trying to scare the world's most scardy cat kid, Leonardo realizes there are more important things than being a big, scary monster.
  kfh2 | Jun 9, 2014 |
Despite a good effort, Leonardo is a terrible monster. He cannot scare anyone! He decides to scare the most scaredy-cat kid he can find. It turns out to be the beginning of a wonderful friendship.
  BrandiMichelle | May 27, 2014 |
Leonardo, the monster, is really not a monster at all. He wants to be, he wants to scare people, but deep down he is a nice person who treats people well.
  Talwold | May 17, 2014 |
Ha! It was rather amusing reading this. The kid's name was Sam, which so happens to be my name. I also wear glasses just like he does. I related to it even though it was a children's book. My son had a blast reading it, and I think that that's all that matters to a parent.
Cheers and Happy Reading Kids! ( )
  wickedshizuku | May 12, 2014 |
“Leanardo the Terrible Monster” was actually a surprisingly adorable book. I randomly grabbed it off the shelf, and was very impressed with the artwork and story plot. This is a modern fantasy picture book for children from Kindergarten to 1st grade. What I really loved about this book was its awesome pictures and funny story line. I liked how the illustrations flowed with the text, for example, the picture would fill up the entire page if something important was happening, and how sometimes the pictures were farther away from the text. I think the size of the pictures emphasizes the feeling the author is trying to portray, and I think this is a great strategy to engage young readers. Also, this story was very entertaining and funny! This would definitely be a fun read for kids about a monster who wishes he could, “scare the tuna salad out of someone”. This also has the perfect ending, concluding the story with the central message of the importance of being a good friend to the people who need it the most. ( )
  BeckieZimmerman | Apr 8, 2014 |
Information from the Portuguese (Portugal) Common Knowledge. Edit to localize it to the English one.
FOR THE TRIXTER, MY OWN LITTLE MONSTER

Leonardo is truly a terrible monster-terrible at being a monster that is. No matter how hard he tries, he can't seem to frighten anyone. Determined to succeed, Leonardo sets himself to training and research. Finally, he finds a nervous little boy, and scares the tuna salad out of him! But scaring people isn't quite as satisfying as he thought it would be. Leonardo realizes that he might be a terrible, awful monster-but he could be a really good friend.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 14:04:31 -0400)

Leonardo is a terrible monster -- he can't seem to frighten anyone. When he discovers the perfect nervous little boy, will he scare the lunch out of him? Or will he think of something better?

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 91,693,501 books! | Top bar: Always visible