The Best Goodbye: A Rosemary Beach Novel…

The Best Goodbye: A Rosemary Beach Novel (The Rosemary Beach Series)

by Abbi Glines

Gaaah! I had been looking forward to this book. I will be honest, I don't EVER read the snopsis for Abbi's books anymore. I just see them and read them. So I have my own expectations going in without really knowing what to expect. When I saw the title of this one, for some reason I assumed it would finally be Nan's story. Boooo, it wasn't. I have been waiting and waiting. I am sure I will get that story Abbi promised, some day!

Oh boy. This story started out with an extremely intriguing plot. I was drawn in after I realized where the plot was going and the twists I figured were coming. Then I read on, enjoying the book, thinking that Abbi was going give me something she hasn't ever given me.... suspense, lots of suspense. But then it didn't come. The climax wasn't where the book was taking me. I have to wonder if Abbi was afraid to go there. When you read the book, you will understand what I mean.

I expected more of the past to take hold on Rose and Captain. I wanted it. The past being more present in the climax would have made this book a phenomenal book for me. Then again, I like things darker. The book started to push towards darker, then it went back to light and mushy. That disappointed me.

Overall, this is a good book. It's a true Abbi book. Abbi fans and Rosemary Beach fans are going to devour this story. It will keep them wanting more... Speaking of more... Do I suspect that this book is also a setup for me to finally get Nan's story? I sure hope so! ( )
  AmberGoleb | Mar 13, 2018 |
Want to know if the whole series is worth reading? Read my overall review of the whole series at seriesousbookreviews.com! Spoiler Free!

I was really curious to see what would be in store Captain in this book. He definitely isn't a favourite character of mine but the bits and pieces I knew about him had me more than a little anxious to see what Abbi had in store for him.

I have to say that I enjoyed this book a lot more than [b:When You're Back|23452649|When You're Back (Rosemary Beach, #11)|Abbi Glines|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1418330193s/23452649.jpg|43014517]. The execution and flow was simply much stronger than the previous instalment. I liked the back story we got for each character and how it made me love their characters even more. They were also stronger characters individually can while I found myself frustrated with them at times, knowing their past and what was happening, I found it easier to understand and look past it.

However, I thought the ending was rushed. Everything wrapped up too quickly but at the same time, I'm glad it won't be dragged into a sequel book. At the same time, I made me excited for the very last novel, [b:Up in Flames|23452655|Up in Flames (Rosemary Beach, #13)|Abbi Glines|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1450373069s/23452655.jpg|43014523] by dropping a few little hints...I can't wait for this grand finale!

Full Review: http://wp.me/p3txrs-yC ( )
  seriesousbooks | Feb 7, 2018 |
Once I started I just couldn't put it down but that's absolutely no surprise it happens every time I start one of Abbi's books. Definitely one of my top 5 authors that I pre-order their books with just the knowledge of the title alone - never been let down yet! Introduced her to my niece who's an avid reader too anhd she's also now a big fan!

VictoriaJ1707 | Jul 2, 2016 |
This review was originally posted on Bookish Things & MoreReview
Ahhh, we get Captain's story. I liked him from the minute he was introduced in When You're Back. He's mysterious, tough, and has a touch of softness to him. I really liked Rose too. She's devoted to her daughter, and goes through so much to make sure she's okay. She takes steps to make sure everything is done in her daughter's best interest.

The tension between Captain and Rose is so very evident. Even when they try to fight it. I loved seeing those stolen glances, and heated arguments. This book didn't have as many sexy scenes as her previous books, but I was completely okay with that. This story didn't need it. I loved the devotion of all the characters, and I NEED Major to have a book. We are left with a little inkling as to what he's doing in Rosemary Beach.

The sparks definitely fly in The Best Goodbye, and I can't wait to see what happens to the rest of the crew in Rosemary Beach. The wait will be torture!

Giveaway
Enter to win one of five signed posters and print copies of THE BEST GOODBYE (US/Canada only) from 11/30 to 12/21.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
Can't wait! I love this series!
  seyebrows | Dec 30, 2015 |

"From #1 New York Times bestselling author Abbi Glines comes the next sizzling novel in the Rosemary Beach series, featuring well-known playboy and Blaire's half brother, Captain"--

Abbi Glines is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,426,989 books! | Top bar: Always visible