Berserk, Vol. 23 by Kentaro Miura

Berserk, Vol. 23 (edition 2008)

by Kentaro Miura (Author), Kentaro Miura (Illustrator)

Series: Berserk (23)

Member:krau0098
Title:Berserk, Vol. 23
Authors:Kentaro Miura (Author)
Other authors:Kentaro Miura (Illustrator)
Info:Dark Horse Comics (2008), 208 pages
Collections:Already Read, Your library
Rating:*****
Tags:Berserk, Fantasy, horror, seinan, manga

Berserk, Volume 23 by Kentaro Miura

This is the 23rd volume in the Berserk series. In this volume Guts is struggling to take care of Casca when Lady Farnese, Serpico and Isidro join him; for once Guts appreciates the help.

We also meet Lord Mule who ends up being saved by Griffith’s new band of the Hawk and joins Griffith on his mission to take over the Kushan kingdom.

After that it is back to Guts and his companions, where Lady Farnese is feeling very useless as she struggles to do basic chores.

Overall I really enjoyed this volume in the Berserk series. It’s a bit of a transition volume but I enjoyed the new characters that we meet and I love where the story is heading. This whole series is recommended to those who enjoy fantasy horror manga. ( )
  krau0098 | Dec 3, 2017 |
Again, in this volume, the first half is composed of Guts and Casca while the second half follows those recruiting themselves to Griffith’s new band of hawks. It makes for a nice contrast but I do love the former. The interaction between Guts and Casca in this volume however is not what any reader wants to see. It’s the exact opposite. But it is part of the story unfortunately and all I can do as a reader is accept it and hope it gets better. This volume is also where two becomes a group as Farnese, Serpico and the kid whose name I can’t remember catch up with Guts. Nudity and gore are aplenty here. Otherwise, enjoy! Fantastic story. ( )
  Kassilem | Feb 10, 2013 |

Desperate as Guts, the Black Swordsman, has been to reunite with his former captain and lover, the now-mad Casca, he's quickly learning that being together is as dangerous as being apart. What should be a simple journey to the safety of Puck's homeland proves to be a gauntlet of perils, as the Mark of Sacrifice each bears brings the fury of Hell down upon them, and Guts discovers that in his darkest moments he himself is the greatest danger to the woman he loves. Created by Kentaro Miura, Berserk is a fiery manga apocalypse, an ominous omnibus of furious action, fearsome horror, and funereal humor that strikes a power chord in the hearts of its devoted followers and strikes down the rest like a scythe through wheat. Bring in the sheaves!… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 128,970,205 books! | Top bar: Always visible