With a Twist by Staci Hart

With a Twist

by Staci Hart

302367,255 (4)None

This review was originally posted on Bookish Things & MoreReview
With a Twist is funny, sweet, and swoony.

I absolutely adored Lily and West. They are best friends, and I love the easy relationship they have. All that changes when Lily becomes interested in her dance partner. Well I wouldn't say becomes, she's always had a massive crush on Blaine. Even though he's kind of douchey. Lily is committed to dancing. She rarely takes time out for herself and is at times pretty naive when it comes to relationships. West is working on his graduates degree hoping to get into the doctoral program. He hasn't been in a relationship in years. He's such a great guy. He's smart, attractive, polite, and rocks a man bun. *SWOOONS*

I like how they don't understand their reaction to each other after being friends for years. It's kind of like a light bulb moment, and it's hilarious. I also love their group of friends. They are tight knit, and will do anything for each other. I think besides the romance friendship is a huge part of this book. They aren't afraid to go to each other for help. I also have questions regarding Maggie and a certain someone. I'm hoping they will get their story soon.

Hart never fails to bring on the romance, and doesn't shy away from women talking about sex. Because that's realistic, and something everyday folks do. Her characters are relateable, and you feel like you are a part of the story. She did an amazing job with this book, and I can't wait to read more. ( )
  BookishThings | Mar 23, 2016 |
I fell in love with these characters. Lilly is a primary ballerina at the New York City Ballet. She's beautiful, but focused on her career. She's also very funny. West is a TA at Columbia University working towards his doctorate in English. He has a hipster man-bun and beard, but is not vain. He loves Shakespeare and Atlas Shrugged - how could you not fall in love with him? And many women try to attract his interest. He's just not ready for a relationship. He's waiting for the one, has a buddy arrangement on the side with a fellow TA, and is Lily's best friend. Meanwhile, Lily has had a crush on a fellow dancer, Blane, since high school and she finally has a chance with him.
The story is great. Even though you know they're going to get a HEA, it more than holds your interest. All the characters are intriguing and I can't wait for their stories (Book 2 is already on my reader). This book is laugh-out-loud funny, sweet, makes-you-cry, sexy (oh, yes), and so romantic. First Staci Hart book I've read and now I'm looking for more. ( )
  N.W.Moors | Nov 5, 2015 |

Love is somewhere near the bottom of Lily Thomas' list of life goals, right next to competitive eating and underwater cave diving. She's spent six years pirouetting and pli‚eing her way up the ranks of the New York Ballet with her eye on the prize and love in the back seat. But now that Blane Baker. Lily's long time crush, is finally single, she'll throw her rules out the window without thinking twice. Reality with Blane isn't as epic as the fantasy she imagined and the truth sends her spinning straight into the arms of the man she never knew she'd always wanted.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,311,820 books! | Top bar: Always visible