Ruthie's Gift by Kimberly Brubaker…

Ruthie's Gift (1999)

by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley

The book ruthie's gift is a excellent book. It is about a girl named ruthie she has only brothers. her mother becomes pregnant and she wishes that it will be a girl.Her mom ends up having a boy . up the street a new family moves in. its two girls her age and a new baby sister.she knows now that she would not be the only one in her grade .but she ends up getting really sick. this book is a well written book but is for younger readers
  br13crgi | Dec 5, 2012 |
I read this book when I was a lot younger and enjoyed it. I have since passed it on to my younger cousin who also loved it. ( )
  nizmart | Aug 7, 2010 |

Kimberly Brubaker Bradleyprimary authorall editionscalculated
Kramer, DaveCover artistsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Set in a small Indiana farming community at the start of World War I, this is the heartwarming and gently humorous story of Ruthie, an 8-year-old tomboy who develops a stronger sense of self and selflessness during a particularly dramatic year in her life: the year her sixth brother is born, the year she makes her first friends (twin girls), the year she almost dies of pneumonia, the year the war takes one of her brothers from her.

Rich in setting and brimming with lovable characters, Ruthie's Gift is a thoroughly satisfying story of family and identity.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:07:45 -0400)

Just before the beginning of World War I, eight-year-old Ruthie, who lives with her parents and six brothers on a farm in Indiana, wishes for a sister and tries to behave like the lady her mother wants her to be.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,585,382 books! | Top bar: Always visible