The Captains' Honor by David Dvorkin

Overall a good story. Enjoyed the plot and the use of secondary characters. Was interesting to have a hostile world from the original series now being part of the Federation. Two things which made me roll my eyes in disbelief. First, when two star ships are working to protect a planet wouldn't one of them automatically be subordinate to another, especially when one of them is the flagship of the Federation? Yet it is not until over half way through the book that Picard tells the other captain, regretfully as well, that Star Fleet has put him in charge. Second (and this one is nit-picky I admit), why did it take Worf 30 minutes to locate Riker on the planets surface? There was no natural or unnatural interference on or around the planet told in the story so shouldn't Riker have only been a com signal away? ( )
  daniethammer | Mar 30, 2009 |

David Dvorkinprimary authorall editionscalculated
Dvorkin, Danielmain authorall editionsconfirmed
To my CoAuthor
Silence.

A series of vicious attacks by the enigmatic M'Dok Empire has devastated the planet Tenara.- Bringing the starships Enterprise & Centurion to the planet's aide. The Centurion's captain, Lucius Sejanus is a powerful, magnetic man who favors taking a far stronger stance against the M'Dok than Picard. And s the conflict escalates, Senjanus' instincts seem to be correct .... for it appears only extreme measures can stop the murderous raids on Tenara.

Now the people of Tenara must decide which path they will follow -the way of peace or the road to war. But unknown to ANY, one of the Centurion's officers has made that decision for them - and plans to provoke a full scale war between the Federation and the M'Dok empire!
    THE M'DOK SHIP, SHIELDS RAISED, MOVED FORWARD ...

"It appears we struck them after all," the sensor officer said. "My readings indicate loss of warp speed capability, power output in their engineering section down by fifty percent."

Ahead of the, the main screen showed the Centuriion, a silver dot moving slowly, erratically, around the planet below.

Close on them," the Captain said harshly. He turned his back on the weapons officer and took his seat on the command cushion. "Once we are within range, you have my permission to destroy them."

"Then Tenara will ours for the taking."

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,405,157 books! | Top bar: Always visible