Surprises in Burracombe by Lilian Harry

Surprises in Burracombe

by Lilian Harry

711,138,814 (4)10

Surprises in Burracombe by Lilian Harry is the 10th book in her Burracombe series about a small English village during the 1950’s and by now, there isn’t much to say about these books other than I am still enjoying the series. This entry concluded a few storylines but opened a few more to follow along with in the 11th book.

Although this is a tiny village in Devon, the author always mentions what is going on in England so we are given the wider picture to relate to. This book mentions that Churchill has stepped down as prime minister and people are nervous to see what changes this will bring. Also as one of the characters is serving his military time in Crete so the unstable political situation there is making some of the villagers very nervous.

I have the feeling that this series is winding down as each of the many characters finds their destiny. Romances, marriages and births provide much of the drama in these books and the familiar characters make me feel like I am catching up with old friends. ( )
  DeltaQueen50 | May 25, 2017 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 118,669,171 books! | Top bar: Always visible