The Nose Book by Al Perkins

The Nose Book (1970)

by Al Perkins

Summary:
This poem talks about different types of noses, uses of noses, and why we need noses.

Personal Reaction:
This was one of my sons favorite books when he was little. It also seemed to be a favorite when I read it to a group of 2-3 year olds for my service learning assignment. The illustrations are great and the rhymes flow very well.

Classroom Extension Ideas:
1. I could use this book to introduce a lesson on animals. We could talk about how different animals use their noses. For example, elephants use their noses to pick up water and other objects.
2. The students could draw a picture of their own nose and list its functions.
  brankacheek | Mar 27, 2013 |
Summary: This book is about different kinds of noses. It has and explains that noses come in different shape, form, colors, people and animals.

Personal: I love all the Dr. Seuss's book. This was a very simple way of describing one of the five senses.

Classroom: When a lesson on senses is given, this is a good book to teach and show the students. You can have the students participate every time the word "nose" pops up and have them point to where it is on their body.
  jackiee89 | Sep 13, 2012 |
This story was about how every animal and person has different noses. Some noses on animals are different colors and different lengths. This story teaches children that every animal and person are created differently. It also teaches children to get along with everyone no matter if they have long noses or short noses or if they have different colors of noses.
  JDHensley | Apr 8, 2009 |

Al Perkinsprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
McKie, RoyIllustratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0375824936, Board book)

"I see a nose on every face. I see noses every place!” Noses come in all shapes, colors, and sizes and are handy to have for sniffling, smelling, and . . . playing horns? This simple, sometimes silly story offers little ones a first ode to the nose and all that it does.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:24:30 -0400)

Noses are interesting and serve many purposes including the one of holding up glasses.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,118,891 books! | Top bar: Always visible