Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

The Quilt by T. Davis Bunn

The Quilt

by T. Davis Bunn

A sweet little story about the grandmother in a family, who was really too old to quilt anymore, but decided to make just one more. Lady friends and family came to help her, to the consternation of her son, who thought she ought not to doing so much at her age. But the quilt was sewn with love and prayer, and a close community was made of those who helped. ( )
  countrylife | Feb 22, 2011 |
This is rather more along the "obvious" lines than I usually like, but I couldn't resist a book about a quilt. For some reason, quilts, like crochet, fascinate me with their interwovenness - there is some magic that connects everything together.

And it turned out to be the perfect book to read on a day for recharging batteries. I wasn't even so keen on the central character of Mary - I liked rather better her reflections in the form of the people to whom she "ministered". But the simple central message of thanksgiving and taking time to remember what's important was just exactly what is needed on a day taken out to remember myself who and what I am. I am now grounded and centred again. ( )
  mandochild | May 3, 2010 |
A simple little "heartwarming" story that I liked in spite of myself. Beautiful photographs. ( )
  tloeffler | Sep 19, 2007 |

Hallmark and Bethany have teamed up to produce a lovely gift edition of this bestselling novella by T. Davis Bunn. The Quilt is a beautifully woven intergenerational story of a grandmother who uses a quilting project to pass along her spiritual heritage to family and friends. As the women gather together to share thanksgiving and requests as they quilt, they end up weaving both aspects of prayer into the fabric of their lives. In a world where people often are too busy to talk to those around them, let alone truly care for them, here is a welcome invitation to sit quietly, pray for others, and give thanks to God. A perfect gift for women of all ages, especially those who enjoy quilts, quilting, and other crafts.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:02 -0400)

So many memories, so many stories to tell, and something left undone-

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,474,384 books! | Top bar: Always visible