Autumn by Karl-Ove Knausgaard

With my new love for essays, I enjoyed this first book in his completed three series of “showing” his the n unborn daughter “the world”. He is an amazing writer who gave me a new perspective of mundane things like “Chewing Gum”, one of my favorites given thats also my thing. I related entirely to his deep thinking which makes me feel less weird. I really need to write down my thoughts, too. ( )
  joyfulmimi | Jun 3, 2018 |
Sublime and ridiculous but thankfully mostly the former. ( )
  P1g5purt | Mar 21, 2018 |
This is a collection of essays, which is my favorite type of reading .... so of course I liked it. The essays are uneven in content, which is common in any collection but this Norwegian author writes beautifully about his family. There are a few subjects I could have done without like head lice, for example. This is the first of a four volume set that has translated to English, so I am looking to reading the rest of the collection, as well as prize winning first novel Out of the World. ( )
  kerryp | Nov 30, 2017 |
Oh I'm so sorry Karl Ove to have to write this review. Up till now you have been my very favorite author - I've read all 5 volumes of My Struggle and am anxiously awaiting the last, and I even loved Home and Away despite the many many soccer descriptions. I have loved you despite only getting one friend to agree with me.

But this was boring. I still recognized your style, but I just don't think it fits the short essay format. And, except for a few (good) essays, it was too impersonal. Your raw style was mostly missing. ( )
1 vote bobbieharv | Sep 13, 2017 |

The first entry in a planned four-part autobiographical series presents sensory letters written to the author's unborn daughter that describe his childhood and daily life with his wife and older children in rural Sweden.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,024,231 books! | Top bar: Always visible