The Crown by Kiera Cass

The Crown

by Kiera Cass

English (43)  German (1)  All languages (44)
It was definitely a cute romance between her and the one she chose to marry, especially towards the end. However, there was a part where Cass got rid of two of the suitors and it just felt like it was a cop out. I didn't see it coming for sure but I also expected more from Cass. I don't think she should have done it. ( )
  StilesIsMyBatman | May 2, 2019 |
It's rare that the books at the end of a series are better than the beginning but it's how I feel about this one: best of the bunch. The whole premise of the series has felt weird, but watching Eadlyn grow out of her selfish ways, watching her figure out how to really help her parents and the kingdom is pretty rewarding. And the ending is a nice surprise. ( )
  tjsjohanna | Apr 21, 2019 |
This book is the fifth book of the Selection series. The novel starts with Eadlyn announcing the elimination of six different suitors down to the Elite. Her mother (Queen America) was still recovering from a heart attack. The next day, she was lying in a coma while Eadlyn continues on and has a date with Kile. As the competition escalates, a few people find the need to leave. Eadlyn bumped into Erik in the hall and told him that she isn't falling in love with any of the remaining guys, and Gunter asked Eadlyn if he could disqualify himself from the competition since he didn't like her. Later on, Eadlyn goes on a double date with Erik and Henri but found it awkward due to the constant translation Henri needs. Madrid proposed to Eadlyn and said that they should marry each other so that Illéa and Schreaves will unite and if she chooses not to marry him, he will start to spread rumors about her. But instead, Eadlyn proposed to Henri but Erik and she knew that they had a strong love for each other (but they didn't want to admit it). Henri found out about they're love for one another and so he refused to marry Eadlyn. So, Eadlyn married Erik and they had a child.
This book was great and I liked all the reverse cards, but to be honest I wanted Kile to win. I actually thought that Kile was going to win since 'The Heir'! Erik was still a good choice though (I mean better than Henri). Henri was okay, but if they were to get married it wouldn't have worked since they can't communicate! He needs a translator so I don't even know why Eadlyn picked him in the first place. If she just picked Erik, then all this drama would not have been caused. All in all, it was a great book and can't wait to continue reading the next books in the future! ( )
  Hannahs.G1 | Mar 26, 2019 |
There was two options ( )
  litetmonster | Jan 25, 2019 |
First Eadlyn is in the middle of a selection to pick a prince. Her last contestants are Gunner, Kile, Ean, Hale, Fox, and Henri. She has known Kile her whole life and Henri needs a translator to talk the translator's name is Erik. The Queen America and King Maxon are not doing so well the America had a heart attack and Maxon is up late every night helping her. Princess Eadlyn is filling in her father’s place it is not so easy running a selection and being queen. Now the last couple people in the selection is Henri, Kile, and Fox. Princess Eadlyn has proposed an idea to become queen faster because of the queen’s sickness is stopping her to fulfill her duties. After the Reports Princess Eadlyn has her coronation. At the coronation she runs into Erik then she realized that she is in love with him after meeting secretly with Eric, she finds out that someone is trying to overthrow her. Rushing to get married going to Kile first she banishes him to follow his dream. When she goes to Fox she tells him he has been eliminated. Leaving only Henri she proposes to him, but he says, “No you are in love with Erik”.

Opinion
This book is confusing because I didn't read “The Heir” first. I still love America the most and Lady Brice. I love how Mrs. Keira makes somebody completely different from another character and they fall in love. Erik came in to help his friend with speaking to people and he ended up with the princess. Once Erik saw Eadlyn he loved her, but she only thought of him as a friend. It's cool how God brings people together. Eadlyn and Erik have the same love America and Maxon have. ( )
  BryceT.B4 | Jan 16, 2019 |
For Guyden and Zulu, the best little characters I ever made up.
"I'm sorry," I said, bracing myself for the inevitable backlash.

Twenty years have passed since America Singer and Prince Maxon fell in love, and their daughter is the first princess to hold a Selection of her own.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 136,457,091 books! | Top bar: Always visible