The Next Thing On My List: A Novel by Jill…

The Next Thing On My List: A Novel

by Jill Smolinski

English (31)  German (2)  French (1)  Dutch (1)  All (35)
Very enjoyable audiobook. June is in an accident and her passenger is killed. June finds a 20 things to do before my 25th birthday and decides to complete the unchecked items for the dead girl, Marissa. Along the way she learns things about herself and changes. Well worth the read. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 10, 2016 |
A fun, light-hearted holiday read. ( )
  HeatherLINC | Jan 23, 2016 |
The perfect beach book, this one is a very quick and easy read. Which may be exactly why I am giving it three stars. There is nothing notable, ground-breaking or revealing. You know she will finish the list. 1/2 way through you foresee the guy she will eventually choose, and you know things with DeeDee will probably not turn out as expected. What I did like about the the book is how she finally crosses off #3: Change Someone's Life. That was worth reading alone.
  CarmenMilligan | Jan 18, 2016 |
June Parker works for a LA carpooling company with pretty much nothing else going on in her life. But then one Weight Watchers’s group meeting completely changes everything when she offers Marissa Jones a ride home. As Marissa unbuckles her seatbelt to reach into the backseat to pull out a taco soup recipe from her bag, June swerves to avoid a dresser falling off the back of a truck. Marissa is flung through the windscreen and dies. June finds a list that Marissa has written - 20 Things to Do Before my 25th Birthday and, out of guilt, decides to complete the list for her. There are 18 items left on the list and while some things are easy to accomplish, like going braless or going on a blind date, others tasks ranging from running a 5K to changing someone’s life and letting Buddy Fitch - whoever that is – pay, prove to be quite challenging. It’s a race against the clock to finish the list by what would have been Marissa’s 25th birthday. The book has a very appealing cover which made me want to read it immediately and it did not disappoint. It’s a perfect light summer read on the beach, on vacation. The main character June is funny and strong willed and you just want to cheer her on. The Things To Do on the list are varied and it inspires all readers I am sure to think about what should be on your own list. Definitely recommend this book, as it’s not only witty but delivers a message as well. For the record, skydiving is NOT on my list. ( )
  Ingstje | Jan 18, 2016 |
June started living her life only after fulfilling another's life dreams. Not as inspiring as I'd hoped, but still a good story. ( )
  bouldermimi | Jan 13, 2016 |
For my son, Danny Elder
Next on the list: Kiss a stranger.
Life is funny, I thought as I hoisted my leg high and over the seat. People are living too much or too little, and I wondered if anyone out there is living the right amount.
I'll be there. Count on it. Aside from, "No, no, I insist, you take the last piece of chocolate," are there any words that tug more at a woman's heart?

“You’ll be hooked by this charming story. . . . Smolinski gives us a quick-witted heroine . . . with just the right amount of romance and a tad of suspense.”
Richmond Times-Dispatch

After a car accident in which her passenger, Marissa, dies, June Parker finds herself in possession of a list Marissa has written: “20 Things to Do by My 25th Birthday.” The tasks range from inspiring (run a 5K) to daring (go braless) to near-impossible (change someone’s life).

To assuage her guilt, June races to achieve each goal herself before the deadline, learning more about her own life than she ever bargained for.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:22:30 -0400)

Crossing the comic voice of Jennifer Weiner with the poignancy of Elizabeth Berg, Smolinski pens a charming, touching, and highly accessible new work of commercial women's fiction, which features a lovable, relatable heroine and a story with plenty of humor and heart.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,222,146 books! | Top bar: Always visible