The First 90 Days of Marriage by Eric Ludy

The First 90 Days of Marriage (edition 2006)

by Eric Ludy, Leslie Ludy

Member:Sunshine331
Title:The First 90 Days of Marriage
Authors:Eric Ludy
Other authors:Leslie Ludy
Info:Thomas Nelson (2006), Paperback, 224 pages

The First 90 Days of Marriage by Eric Ludy

This is one of the best books about marriage and the importance of making a relationship last I’ve ever read. It is well written and easy to read. I like how the author provides perspectives from both man and women to make the marriage last, complete with copious scriptural references. They guide you through how to make each other a priority, how to make a relationship last and how to make the most of your time together. This book is perfectly designed for everyone who wants to make their marriage lasts forever. This book is very helpful and I’m sure that you are going to love this book. ( )
  carloperezz37 | Mar 23, 2016 |
The first 90 days of marriage are often the toughest, as both of you bring your own set of expectations into the mix, and you have to learn to do things as a team, instead of just however you’ve always done them.

This book goes through several facets of marriage — teamwork, dealing with trials, creating a sanctuary in your home, etc. — and offers very practical advice (complete with lists) for how to tackle each of them in a selfless and godly way.

I especially liked the chapter on creating a sanctuary — sacred space in your home, and sacred time — as the authors constantly remind that you don’t have to have a ton of money, or a lot of space to make your home a “sanctuary”; you just need a little imagination and creativity. That is one of the things that I’ve often struggled with in my own marriage — how to make my home feel welcoming and relaxing, despite not having a ton of cash to make it (as I heard it put the other day…) “Pinterest perfect“.

As usual, with the books written by this husband & wife duo, there are sections written by Eric, and sections written by Leslie, and each gives their unique perspective on the topics at hand. I like their way of writing, as it’s very down-to-earth, but you can tell that they have a great marriage, and that they really put a lot of effort into making it work for both of them, equally.

Definitely a good book. Recommended.

ETA: This book is also NOT just for those who are "newly married"... I've been married for 13 years, and found the book to be extremely helpful, offering new insights on how to handle things, and giving me insights into other things I hadn't thought of! ( )
  mizbooks | Dec 5, 2012 |

Ludy, Ericprimary authorall editionsconfirmed
Ludy, Lesliemain authorall editionsconfirmed

Most married couples look back on their first few months of marriage as a roller-coaster time of surprises, awakenings, and lots of ups and downs. But Eric and Leslie Ludy, bestselling authors of When God Writes Your Love Story, show couples in this practical, inspirational book how to transform the whirlwind of the first days of marriage into a sure foundation that will support them for a lifetime.

The Ludys teach men and women readers how to use those crucial first 90 days to develop all the necessary habits for a happy, satisfying marriage-habits of kindness, forgiveness, fun, warmth, reconciliation, and patience.

Filled with down-to-earth advice and questions for reflection, The First 90 Days of Marriage is destined to become a classic for newlyweds and engaged couples. And even if your marriage is well past those first 90 days, it's never to late to put these principles to work. You'll love the results.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:19:26 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,507,064 books! | Top bar: Always visible