dismiss

Head First Design Patterns

by Elisabeth Freeman, Bert Bates

Series: Head First

What's so special about design patterns? At any given moment, someone struggles with the same software design problems you have. And, chances are, someone else has already solved your problem. This edition of Head First Design Patterns--now updated for Java 8--shows you the tried-and-true, road-tested patterns used by developers to create functional, elegant, reusable, and flexible software. By the time you finish this book, you'll be able to take advantage of the best design practices and experiences of those who have fought the beast of software design and triumphed. What's so special about this book? We think your time is too valuable to spend struggling with new concepts. Using the latest research in cognitive science and learning theory to craft a multi-sensory learning experience, Head First Design Patterns uses a visually rich format designed for the way your brain works, not a text-heavy approach that puts you to sleep.… (more)

English (11)  French (2)  All languages (13)
One of the best software development books I have read. After more than a decade of programming, it made me rethink the Object Oriented Programming discipline. ( )
  raheelahmad | Mar 22, 2020 |
Informative. ( )
  VintiqueBooks | Mar 22, 2019 |
Very good reference. ( )
  JWoodruff | Jul 12, 2016 |
I bounced off Head First Java and decided the informal, jokey, playful HF approach didn't work for me; however, I gave it a second chance and purchased this book -- and wow, am I glad!

I have a work-based need to learn how to program in an object-oriented fashion (I've been pretty strictly a procedural Perl programmer for some years), and while I don't know that tackling design patterns is the typical first step for this, it's working well for me. I had two introductory programming courses in 2009-10 and the language of instruction was Java ... I've found it fairly easy to re-charge my Java background with this book, and move forward. Kudos! ( )
  tungsten_peerts | Oct 12, 2015 |
I was skeptical of the Head First series before I read this book due to its busy look and feel, but I was pleasantly surprised. It has made me feel comfortable with the most used design patterns in record time where other books failed. I highly recommend this book for helping you design better object-based systems. Be sure to implement the examples as you read for better understanding. ( )
  danrk | Jul 2, 2015 |

Elisabeth Freemanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Bates, Bertmain authorall editionsconfirmed

Belongs to Series

O'Reilly Media

An edition of this book was published by O'Reilly Media.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 147,644,073 books! | Top bar: Always visible