Magic Edge (Dragon Born Alexandria, #1) by…

Magic Edge (Dragon Born Alexandria, #1) (edition 2015)

by Ella Summers

Member:Gavriel_Sontag
Title:Magic Edge (Dragon Born Alexandria, #1)
Authors:Ella Summers
Info:Publisher Unknown, Kindle Edition, 234 pages

Magic Edge (Dragon Born Alexandria Book 1) by Ella Summers

Alex hunts supernatural monsters that either break the laws or hurt others. She’s been in Zurich for the last 2 months to do so, having been hired by an incredibly old mage. Alex has spent her life hiding her magic—she’d be killed outright if anyone knew what she is—but an assassin who is attracted to her is seeing more than he should. They team up together when a group of magic haters called the Convictionites have a plan to wipe out all supernaturals.

I’ve never read this author before, but I picked this book up via Kindle Unlimited and really liked it, finding the type of book that you just absorb in one sitting. We don’t know a great deal about either of the two main characters, and as it turns out, they don’t know everything about themselves either. So we’re learning as we go. But what we do know is interesting.

Alex is both stubborn and uses sarcasm when she’s scared or wants to change the subject. She physically trains hard for stamina and her ability to use her sword and knives; rarely using magic as she doesn’t want folks to know she has any. Logan, the assassin known as The Slayer, is quite capable and has been watching Alex for awhile and is both drawn to and intrigued by her. He wants nothing more than to partner with her. Expect some fairly G-rated lust in the form of getting lost when kissing.

The story starts off in the middle of an action scene and I was sucked right in. The story obviously continues and we get an idea of the next threat they’ll face. But it doesn’t have the feel of a cliffhanger.

One thing that surprised me is that at no point did I feel like the story was set in another country, even though it’s in Switzerland. That can be taken as either good or bad. I was also surprised at the lack of editing errors.

I’ve just downloaded Serafina’s first book and can’t wait to get started. ( )
  dearheart | Nov 15, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,743,052 books! | Top bar: Always visible