Bay of Sighs (Guardians Trilogy) by Nora…

Bay of Sighs (Guardians Trilogy) (original 2016; edition 2016)

by Nora Roberts (Author)

Member:Tennillenash
Title:Bay of Sighs (Guardians Trilogy)
Authors:Nora Roberts (Author)
Info:Piatkus Books (2016), 352 pages

Bay of Sighs by Nora Roberts (2016)

This felt more like a bridge between books one and three than a novel in its own right. There was some vague plot stuff, that came to a rather quick and easy conclusion. And Annika, though a charming character, is written in such a way as to come across as not emotionally or mentally mature enough to enter into an adult sexual relationship, so the romance between her and Sawyer felt a little squcky. I expect, and usually get, more and better from Nora Roberts. this was just sort of disappointing and should probably be only two stars, but it was still a comfort-food read, so that earned it a little leeway. ( )
  BillieBook | Apr 1, 2018 |
I read this book very quick but I think it was a great second book in the trilogy. I think I may have liked this second book better than the first. Maybe it's because we've already had one book with these characters so we're just getting to know them better as the trilogy goes on. I cannot wait to read the last book in the trilogy to see how the story ends. ( )
  JillKenna | Aug 10, 2017 |
The Bay of Sighs continues the Guardians' Trilogy. After finding and hiding the first of the three stars, the guardians are led to the island of Capri to look for the second. The search leads them to watery caves surrounding the island. Bran and Sasha have cemented their relationship, and in this book, Sawyer and Annika take center stage. Sawyer, whose has the ability to use a magic compass to take them to other places and times finds himself falling for Annika the mermaid chosen by her people to be part of the quest for the three stars. Nerezza has found an ally in Malmon who is also Sawyer's nemesis. Their quest leads them to the mythical Bay of Sighs, but the guardians, especially Sawyer and Annika, face difficult tests along the way that threaten to put an end to their newfound love.
This is another good entry in the Guardian's Trilogy leading to the third and final book, The Island of Glass. ( )
  Mrslabraden | Jun 28, 2017 |
The six Guardians are in search of the second star, the Water Star. They need to find the Star before the goddess of the dark finds them. Annika the Mermaid and Sawyer the time traveler play the major role in this volume.The Guardians quest take them to the Isle of Capri. Neressa, the dark goddess, has enlisted the help of a corrupt human, as her creatures were no match for the Guardians when they found the Star of Light. The Water Star seems to be hidden in the Bay of Sighs, but first, the Guardians must find the Bay hidden somewhere on or near Capri, according to Sawyer. This was a fun quick read. Nothing deep, just a good magical fight between good and evil, with a romance of Mermaid and time traveler thrown in. ( )
  Raspberrymocha | Apr 11, 2017 |
Bay of Sighs is the second book in the Guardian Trilogy. The first book, Stars of Fortune, was okay, very similar to the O'Dwyer trilogy, but the characters were different enough that I enjoyed it.
Now we have the second pairing looking for the Water Star, Annika the mermaid and Sawyer the time traveler. They are likeable enough, but I didn't feel their characters developed much, especially as Annika was very childlike and Sawyer just kind of a good guy. I especially had trouble with one scene where they have sex, but Annika is wearing her tail. It was just weird, not romantic as Ms. Roberts usually writes.
I want to see how the next book ends, but this is definitely not my favorite series by Ms. Roberts. ( )
  N.W.Moors | Jan 11, 2017 |
My heart is like a singing bird
Whose nest is in a water'd shoot;
My heart is like an apple-tree
Whose branches are bent with thick set fruit.
--Christina Rossetti
Fortune favors the brave.
--Terence
For my grandchildren,
my magick, and miracles
Prologue: The story was told, generation by generation, in song and in story, until time misted it into myth and legend.

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 042528011X, Paperback)

The new Guardians Trilogy novel from the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Stars of Fortune.

To celebrate the rise of their new queen, three goddesses of the moon created three stars, one of fire, one of ice, one of water. But then they fell from the sky, putting the fate of all worlds in danger. And now three women and three men join forces to pick up the pieces…

Mermaid Annika is from the sea, and it is there she must return after her quest to find the stars. New to this world, her purity and beauty are nothing less than breathtaking, along with her graceful athleticism, as her five new friends discovered when they retrieved the fire star.

Now, through space and time, traveler Sawyer King has brought the guardians to the island of Capri, where the water star is hidden. And as he watches Annika in her element, he finds himself drawn to her joyful spirit. But Sawyer knows that if he allows her into his heart, no compass could ever guide him back to solid ground...

And in the darkness, their enemy broods. She lost one star to the guardians, but there is still time for blood to be spilled—the mermaid’s in the water and the traveler’s on the land. For she has forged a dangerous new weapon. Something deadly and unpredictable. Something human.

(retrieved from Amazon Fri, 20 Nov 2015 02:34:08 -0500)

"Mermaid Annika is from the sea, and it is there she must return after her quest to find the stars. New to this world, her purity and beauty are nothing less than breathtaking, along with her graceful athleticism, as her five new friends discovered when they retrieved the Fire Star. Now, through space and time, traveler Sawyer King has brought the guardians to the island of Capri, where the Water Star is hidden. And as he watches Annika in her element, he finds himself drawn to her joyful spirit"--Cover flap.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,271,075 books! | Top bar: Always visible