Future Visions: Original Science Fiction…

Future Visions: Original Science Fiction Inspired by Microsoft

by Jennifer Henshaw (Editor), Allison Linn (Editor)

Other authors: Ann Leckie (Contributor), Elizabeth Bear (Contributor), Blue Delliquanti (Contributor), Joey Camacho (Illustrator), David Brin (Contributor)6 more, Greg Bear (Contributor), Jack McDevitt (Contributor), Nancy Kress (Contributor), Robert Sawyer (Contributor), Michele Rosenthal (Contributor), Seanan McGuire (Contributor)

Seanan McGuire's "Hello Hello" was one of my favorites. It was obvious what was happening, but it was also so wonderful. I liked that children played a big role in this scientific discovery.

On the whole I found the anthology to be unbalanced, but I also very much enjoyed the tone of a positive future that ran throughout.
  tldegray | Sep 21, 2018 |
Interesting stories, well told, but nothing terribly special.
Stories centered around technology, well enough written, but the only one I remember had a troubled, loss torn man as a central figure, so while I like good science in my SF, it's not what creates a memorable experience for me. I also remember a bit of Ann Leckie's story, but I just read it yesterday and it was more a linguistic adventure than pure tech. ( )
  quondame | Mar 11, 2018 |
Eight stories by fairly popular and well-regarded authors. Not all worked for me, but others were spectacular. It's free, an added bonus. ( )
1 vote nmele | Aug 5, 2016 |

Nancy KressContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Robert SawyerContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Rosenthal, MicheleContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed
Seanan McGuireContributorsecondary authorall editionsconfirmed

Future Visions: Original Science Fiction Inspired by Microsoft is an anthology of new short work from some of the greatest science fiction writers in the field. These visionary stories explore prediction science, quantum computing, real-time translation, machine learning, and much more. The authors used inside access to leading-edge work from Microsoft Research as inspiration, crafting pieces that predict the near-future of technology--and examine its complex relationship to our core humanity.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,871,290 books! | Top bar: Always visible