Pleasures of the Night (Dream Guardians,…

Pleasures of the Night (Dream Guardians, Book 1) (edition 2007)

by Sylvia Day

Member:GirlMisanthrope
Title:Pleasures of the Night (Dream Guardians, Book 1)
Authors:Sylvia Day
Info:Avon Red (2007), Edition: 1ST, Paperback, 304 pages
Rating:***
Tags:fiction, speculative fiction, lust, alpha male...grr!

Pleasures of the Night by Sylvia Day

**Courtesy of CK2S Kwips & Kritiques**

Dream Guardians exist on another plane of existence, only crossing over to mingle with humans on the dream plane, to protect mortals from the Nightmares, who feed on fear. But their mission is twofold: protect mortals from Nightmares, while simultaneously searching for the Key, a mortal who was foretold would open the bridge between realms, bringing destruction with them.

Aidan is one of the most powerful Dream Guardians. He has never failed in a mission, part of which involves playing dream lover to mortal females in order to save them from the Nightmares. He has been with thousands of women, none of whom have seen him for himself or touched his heart. Lyssa Bates is different, in many ways. Not only does she have an unexplainable ability to block the Dream Guardians, one night in her arms leaves Aidan shaken, craving her more. But more and more he begins to fear she is the Key his people have been searching for. He knows to the very depths of his soul she can’t possibly be evil, and protecting her from the other Dream Guardians swiftly becomes his primary goal…

Sylvia Day very rapidly became one of my newest favorite authors. When her newest book, Pleasures of the Night was offered to us for review, I did not even stop to read a blurb, I snatched it up without hesitation! Once again, this author did not let me down – far from it! This book satisfied so many of my literary loves: paranormal, romance, erotic… The writing is stellar, as readers have come to expect from a Sylvia Day novel, and the characters are wonderful. I was immediately drawn to both Aidan and Lyssa, and my interest in both only grew as the story progressed.

Not surprising, since this is book one of her new Dream Guardians series, the author stirs plenty of interest in the supporting characters as well, laying the groundwork for several sequels in just this first novel. She even manages to capture the readers’ interest in a very minor but memorable character who provides us with a healthy dose of comic relief during the one scene she appears in. Keep your eye out for Mrs. Laughin – I am hoping she graces us with her presence and more hilarity throughout the series!

Day wraps up Pleasures of the Night with a great ending for the romance between Aidan and Lyssa, but with the certain feeling that this is an auspicious beginning to what will be a wonderful series and some intriguing ongoing mysteries that will weave the books in this series together. The first book hasn’t yet released to the public and already I’m itching to get my hands on the second!

nashjar | Feb 13, 2008 |

There are sensuous pleasures that can only be tasted in the night . . .

He comes to her in the twilight between sleep and consciousness to fulfill her secret desires. Lyssa Bates has never experienced such ecstasy, brought to her by a man whose deep, soul-penetrating blue eyes hold the promise of tempting intimacies and decadent pleasures. But this stranger, this lover, this immortal seducer is only a dream—a phantom of her nocturnal fantasies—until he appears, inexplicably, at her door in the flesh!

Lyssa aches for the reality of him, but there is grave danger in surrender. Because Captain Aidan Cross is on a mission, and the passion that consumes them both, body and soul, could have dire consequences in a world of dreams . . . and in the waking one as well.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:18:57 -0400)

"He comes to her in the twilight between sleep and consciousness to fulfill her secret desires. Lyssa Bates has never experienced such ecstasy, brought to her by a man whose deep, soul-penetrating blue eyes hold the promise of tempting intimacies and decadent pleasures. But this stranger, this lover, this immortal seducer is only a dream--a phantom of her nocturnal fantasies--until he appears, inexplicably, at her door in the flesh! Lyssa aches for the reality of him, but there is grave danger in surrender. Because Captain Aidan Cross is on a mission, and the passion that consumes them both, body and soul, could have dire consequences in a world of dreams ... and in the waking one as well" -- Cover verso.… (more)

Sylvia Day is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 92,275,789 books! | Top bar: Always visible