The Carriage Driver by Michael Friedman

The Carriage Driver (edition 2015)

by Michael Friedman (Author), Maria Jordan (Introduction), Genna Eastman (Foreword)

115,406,636NoneNone
Member:kyliesblossoms
Title:The Carriage Driver
Authors:Michael Friedman (Author)
Other authors:Maria Jordan (Introduction), Genna Eastman (Foreword)
Info:Mockingbird Books (2015), 174 pages
Tags:Heaven, Afterlife, Hereafter, Journey

The Carriage Driver by Michael Friedman

Recently added bykyliesblossoms

The Carriage Driver is a book of short stories that will melt your heart and possibly bring you to tears. Some of us often wonder what is in store for us in the afterlife, and Michael's clever imagination makes us wonder even more. So many of the stories will offer some solace to those who have loved and lost. Riding along with Nuelle and the Carriage Driver to fetch their fares is an adventure that the reader will appreciate being on. This is the kind of book you will want to read over and over. A collection of vivid and detailed stories that will make you curious about your final journey.
  kyliesblossoms | Nov 25, 2015 |

We are all led to believe that there is life after death. Western religion in all of its forms advises us so. Eastern religions have their own versions and many promises are made in these religions as well. No matter the religion or continent of the world, promises have been made. The hereafter or afterlife holds many mysteries for all of us. There does not seem to be any clear measure of what lies ahead. This work presents the instances where a person’s life has led to a carriage ride to the Promised Land. We are all familiar with images of the boatman in a dark pool with a shrouded body with its eyes covered with coins, carrying a soul to the land of the dead. The skiff glides into a murky gloom and drifts silently into the unknown that waits across the river Styx. The Carriage Driver requires no money; he waits patiently for all those that have gained admittance to the next higher life. The concept is simplicity itself. The Carriage Driver with his beautiful and intuitive white mare Nuelle provides passage. If the passenger wishes to wait for a loved one, there is a castle in the sky whose spires puncture heaven to accommodate them. Those that have avoided the gates of hell have obviously gained special privilege. These stories explore those privileges. The old man and the stillborn child decide to return as twin brothers. The homeless woman decides to wait at the castle for her son’s turn before they continue on. When it is the turn of a husband and wife of half a century who were born the same day, hour, and minute to go, they choose to ride the back of a whale with Ursa Major as their guide to the heavens. The setting is Boston, with all of its history. But there are Carriage Drivers in all cities, towns, boroughs and villages. These stories bring us hope, they inspire what is good in us and they are meant to make you think about the setting of your hereafter. Take pause, Nuelle and The Carriage Driver are waiting for you and your loved ones. “…finds the heart and won’t let go” – Genna E. “Totally engrossing and full of metaphors and deep felt emotion…” – Peg C. “Excellent and quite mysterious!” – Martie C. “Your words were magical and dreamy.” – Ruby F. “Magical, flowery, romantic, and more!” – Mary C. “Seriously the Carriage Driver is a painting in words.” – Verlie B. “I sat here for several minutes, drifting into paradise and gazing at all the flowers and images in my mind that your words created.” - Phyllis D. “Your writing is as soothing as a teddy bear and as detailed as a Monet masterpiece.” – Maria J. “Your Carriage Driver series is the best of the best.” – Theresa D.

(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 25 Nov 2015 18:13:01 -0500)

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 129,572,963 books! | Top bar: Always visible