Here's to Us by Elin Hilderbrand

Here's to Us (edition 2016)

by Elin Hilderbrand (Author)

2041457,485 (3.55)2
Member:scoutlee
Title:Here's to Us
Authors:Elin Hilderbrand (Author)
Info:Little, Brown and Company (2016), 416 pages
Rating:***1/2
Tags:Massachusetts - Nantucket, read 2016, audiobook 2016, new release 2015, family dynamics, contemporary fiction

Here's to Us by Elin Hilderbrand

I am surprised at myself! I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would! It seems to be a hit or miss kind of book going by the reviews here on Goodreads, but the pace of the book never sagged and the characters were amusing. ( )
  Soulmuser | May 30, 2017 |
Well, I feel like I'm being redundant because I say pretty much the same thing after each of Hilderbrand's books...the woman is a literary genius!! ( )
  briellenadyne | May 8, 2017 |
Three extremely different women married to the same man come together after his death to a single house, his daughter coming to grips with her complicated relationship with him (and them). What could go wrong? Family is messy, it's not neat in a bow. As a rule I don't like my beach reads too messy, too drawn out with termoil and issues (I have other literary genres for that). Elin Hildebrand does a perfect job of banancing for this reader. Add a stunning location, a bit of romance, and it all adds up to a great read. ( )
  CMDH5 | May 3, 2017 |
Celebrity chef Deacon Rowe is struggling with addiction, depression and not one, but two scandals. As summer nears, he travels to the idyllic Eastern bluff of Nantucket, where he takes his own life. In the shocking wake of Deacon's suicide, his first wife and childhood sweetheart, Laurel Rowe, sets out to gather Deacon's far-flung family--including Deacon and Laurel's son, and Deacon's other ex-wives and children--on the island. Secrets are revealed, confidences are shared, and improbable bonds are formed as this unlikely family says goodbye to the man they loved.
  mcmlsbookbutler | Apr 6, 2017 |
I loved this book - it's clever, entertaining, and heart-warming. You might think that the author would run out of ideas for stories centering on Nantucket Island, but she obviously loves the place and it shows in her writing. This book is about Deacon, a celebrity chef who has recently died, and his extended family of two ex-wives and a widow, plus three children (one with each wife) and friends, all of whom gather at the family's summer home on Nantucket to say goodbye to him. I was sorry to see it end. ( )
1 vote flourgirl49 | Jan 27, 2017 |

An emotional, heartwarming story from New York Times bestselling author Elin Hilderbrand about a grieving family that finds solace where they least expect it.
Celebrity chef Deacon Rowe is struggling with addiction, depression and not one, but two scandals. As summer nears, he travels to the idyllic Eastern bluff of Nantucket, where he takes his own life. In the shocking wake of Deacon's suicide, his first wife and childhood sweetheart, Laurel Rowe, sets out to gather Deacon's far-flung family--including Deacon and Laurel's son, and Deacon's other ex-wives and children--on the island. HERE'S TO US brings together three very different, resilient women and their children, who start out not only as strangers, but as bitter rivals, each wanting to claim the prime place in Deacon's life. Secrets are revealed, confidences are shared, and improbable bonds are formed as this unlikely family says goodbye to the man they loved.

(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 02 Dec 2015 15:37:38 -0500)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,214,074 books! | Top bar: Always visible