THE HUNTERS: MONSTER HUNTING 101 by Richard…

THE HUNTERS: MONSTER HUNTING 101

by Richard Bamberg

731,138,814 (4.6)None

First I would like to thank Richard Bamberg for providing me a free copy of The Hunters: Monster Hunting 101 for an honest review.

My first novel by Richard Bamberg and I was really entertained from page one! This one earned a haunting 5 stars from me! I would be definitely reading more of this authors’ books in the future.

This book is about Hunters. Hunters hunting for ghouls, werewolves, ghosts and other paranormal entities. It’s got everything I like from humour, action, romance, paranormal to horror. I loved the interaction between the main characters, Jesse and Gail. And I am quite curious to know if there’s going to be a book 2. Wow…and the ending…I wanted more!

If you like action, horror and paranormal, this one is definitely for you! ( )
  marizavw | Jan 4, 2016 |
I loved this book and cant wait to read more of your books. thanx for letting me read it!! amazing!! :) ( )
  jennifferhope | Dec 18, 2015 |
The Hunters: Monster Hunting 101

If you like the TV show Supernatural, chances are good you’ll like this too.

Jesse is a college student studying for an exam. It’s the next phase of his life after getting out of the Army with fresh memories of Afghanistan.

He leaves the leftover pizza on the coffee table when he gets a call from Gail Drexler. She was the girl he was in love with before she and her family suddenly left town and he went into the military. When he meets her again, she’s still as beautiful and sexy as he remembered and the chemistry between them snaps tight even after so many years.

Gail ignores the tension between them to explain that she comes from a family of hunters, people who kill the things that go bump in the night. Ghouls, werewolves, and ghosts are her expertise, and she’s got the guns, the special ammo, and the scars to prove it. She calls Jesse to do something important - kill her.

Jesse refuses and the fun begins.

I got this book for free in exchange for an honest review. I liked the characters. Gail is strong, practical and decisive. A “shoot first, ask questions later” kind of person. She lives her life knowing that being a hunter means her chances of living to old age are slim to none. She likes her bourbon neat and her coffee hot. She trusts no one but Jesse.

Jesse thinks he’s gone crazy when Gail abruptly introduces him to her world, but he decides that no matter what, he needs to be there for Gail. The sexual tension is tough on him, but he knows they will work it out in time. In the meantime, he follows her lead and supports her when he can, using all the skills the military taught him to keep them both safe. He knows his life will never be the same.

The story line revolves around a Native American artifact with special properties. An item Gail gets to experience the effects of, first hand.

If you’re a fan of fast paced action, a gun enthusiast or a student on how to dispatch supernatural bad guys, this is the book for you. ( )
1 vote Kai45 | Dec 6, 2015 |

Richard Bamberg is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,207,107 books! | Top bar: Always visible