The God's Eye View by Barry Eisler

The God's Eye View (edition 2016)

by Barry Eisler (Author)

Member:realfish
Title:The God's Eye View
Authors:Barry Eisler (Author)
Info:Thomas & Mercer (2016), 374 pages
Rating:****1/2

The God's Eye View by Barry Eisler

If the name Snowden means anything to you, then you should enjoy this book. Lots of conspiracy and paranoia, and none of it far removed from reality. It did take a fair amount of suspension of disbelief to accept that one of the principal characters could be as far around the bend as he was and not be called to account for it long before this story even begins, but that’s really my only major complaint about this one. A fun read for geeks like me. ( )
  jimgysin | Jun 19, 2017 |
I wanted to try something different and this sounded good. But it's not. It's painful to read. I don't understand the lingo, I can't keep track of who's who. I'm not interested so I'm not remembering anything. I hate not finishing a book but I can't read any more of this. DNF @ 19%. ( )
  jenn88 | Apr 25, 2017 |
This award-winning author integrates his research and knowledge of hand-to-hand combat, modern technology, and espionage to make this suspenseful thriller hard to put down.
  mcmlsbookbutler | Nov 1, 2016 |
Barry Eisler is back, yeah! I am a big fan of his John Rain series so I was excited to get my hands on and read his latest book. Eisler departs from the John Rain saga to introduce us to a tapestry of intrigue, technology, and government skullduggery. The story revolves around a young woman, a reporter, and the government assassins trying to thwart them from exposing questionable government actions. Our government has developed the ultimate (or perhaps I should say, the penultimate) surveillance system, tracking every phone call, e-mail, and internet query in order to "save America from the bad guys." A young woman, who works for the NSA, discovers misuse of this data and engages the help of a reporter in order to expose the malfeasance. The NSA wants to keep her quiet and stop the reporter from exposing their system. The game is on!

Eisler's knowledge of spy craft and government intrigue keeps the story soaring along. His character development, story pacing, and plot development are excellent. While reading the story you may find yourself looking over your shoulder thinking of the Snowden incident and worry that many of the tactics and ideas are extracted from real life. If you are looking for a book with action, great characters, and a solid story line, plus a book that will make you stop and consider what our government is capable of in the name of "protection," I highly recommend Eisler's, "The God's Eye View." ( )
  realfish | Apr 13, 2016 |
"Courage is contagious", and being a National Security Administration computer analyst isn't easy, especially when all eyes are quite literally everywhere. There's kidnapping, murder, espionage and bribery, but we'll all be safe, by God!
A fascinating story that's based off of some really scary truth, that Snowden wasn't such a quack after all, and our every move may be being monitored and acted upon unbeknownst to us.
The characters are alive and multidimensional, and even the ones who do things to turn your stomach, deserve a nod at being human and in circumstances that may be a bit out of their control. The plot is ripe with action and strategy, and is quite simply fascinating.
A timely and necessary look at the government and its actions, whether real or fiction, it's all worth contemplating whether or not our government truly has the God's Eye View.
*I received an arc from NetGalley for an honest review ( )
  KimMcReads | Apr 12, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,064,736 books! | Top bar: Always visible