Humans of New York : Stories by Brandon…

Humans of New York : Stories (original 2015; edition 2015)

by Brandon Stanton (Author)

6941924,388 (4.63)21
"In the summer of 2010, photographer Brandon Stanton began an ambitious project--to single-handedly create a photographic census of New York City. The photos he took and the accompanying interviews became the blog Humans of New York. His audience steadily grew from a few hundred followers to, at present count, over twelve million. In 2013, his book Humans of New York, based on that blog, was published and immediately catapulted to the top of the NY Times Bestseller List where it has appeared for over forty-five weeks. Now, Brandon is back with the Humans of New York book that his loyal followers have been waiting for: Humans of New York: Stories. Ever since Brandon began interviewing people on the streets of New York, the dialogue he's had with them has increasingly become as in-depth, intriguing and moving as the photos themselves. Humans of New York: Stories presents a whole new group of people in stunning photographs, with a rich design and, most importantly, longer stories that delve deeper and surprise with greater candor. Let Brandon Stanton and the Humans of New York he's photographed astonish you all over again next fall"--… (more)
Member:Meldegusseme
Title:Humans of New York : Stories
Authors:Brandon Stanton (Author)
Info:St. Martin's Press (2015), Edition: First Edition, 432 pages

Humans of New York: Stories by Brandon Stanton (2015)

I love this book beyond words! ( )
  Hyms | Aug 9, 2020 |
Humans of New York: Stories presents an even wider arrangement of people and circumstances than its predecessor. The photographs are beautiful, of course, and I love how stories with similar themes are often juxtaposed. Several sets of lovers relate their stories; parents show pictures of their kids while kids reflect on their parents and childhoods. I could return to this book many more times, I think, and still find something new. Highly recommended. ( )
  ElizabethBernhardt | Sep 21, 2018 |
I could've finished it in a single day but I didn't want to. I really tried to hold on to it for as long as I could but I gave this idea up in the end, I'm pretty obsessed with it. ( )
  Denicbt | Feb 5, 2018 |
A mesmerizing collection of photographs of the many New Yorkers Brandon Stanton has interviewed for his blog, demonstrating that although not all of us have lived a life worthy of a riveting biopic, there is something interesting and compelling to be found in everyone. The photos, presented alongside quotes from each individual, reveal our shared humanity; everyone one we pass on the street has a unique story, a history, thoughts and memories, just as we do. I applaud those unafraid to express their individuality, and I admire Stanton for having the courage to approach complete strangers in pursuit of this project -- the results are simultaneously inspiring, heartbreaking and adorable. ( )
  ryner | Dec 7, 2017 |
Very touching photos and stories, some sad, some cute, and some very vulnerable and tragic lives. ( )
  kerryp | Nov 30, 2017 |
To Brian DeFiore, you're a mensch.
Occasionally I'm invited to colleges and seminars to explain the story behind Humans of New York.
I died for eight minutes on January 26th.
Do not combine with "Humans of New York" - they are separate works.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 155,523,296 books! | Top bar: Always visible