Tanka Tanka Skunk! by Steve Webb

Tanka Tanka Skunk!

by Steve Webb

At first I was a bit perplexed by this book. My son read it to me, and he giggled at it, but nothing made much sense. But when I took a second look at it, I got it. It's a great rhythmic read aloud, and if you liked [b:Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb|857501|Hand, Hand, Fingers, Thumb|Al Perkins|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1320420689s/857501.jpg|19838], you should like this one equally. Full of onomatopoeia, it's actually quite the clever book. ( )
  Fjola | Apr 23, 2015 |
'Tanka Tanka Skunk' is an innovative and visually stunning picture book that introduces young readers to simple rhythms as the text and the illustrations leap and dance across the pages. I loved the vibrant illustrations and thought the background stripes are cleverly designed to help keep the beat as one reads. ( )
  crunchymunchkin | Feb 25, 2015 |
JUST for FUN category book, but can have good teachable exercises. Color and illustrations are great. Rhythmic pattern and predictable book. Can be used with music or not. Teach syllables, colors and animals. Good picture book ( )
  Adrian.Gaytan | Feb 6, 2015 |
I really enjoyed Tanka Tanka Skunk. The book was catchy and also had some lessons on syllables. They used a lot of catchy words and names.The animals and words are fun, even the names of the two main characters put together sound like a drum.The words made me want to sing and dance. I would read this to my class when learning about syllables. ( )
  marabie | Sep 7, 2014 |
Skunka Tanka Skunka Tanka Tanka Tanka Skunk! These are the names of two friends who love to play drums. They encounter a variety of animals and add their names to the rhythmic beat.
Cute illustrations, bright splashes of color, and fun beat make this book a great choice to use when teaching syllables. ( )
  lbblackwell | Jul 30, 2014 |

Uses animal names to introduce rhythmic language and rhyme, as Tanka the elephant and his friend Skunk play drums to keep the beat.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,937,745 books! | Top bar: Always visible