The No Press RPG Anthology by Luke Crane

The No Press RPG Anthology

by Luke Crane

811,035,133 (3.75)None

This compilation has "8 Original, Complete, Short-Form Roleplaying Games". The book is compiled by Luke Crane, the creator of the Burning Wheel rpg.

All the short games have been created in the Forge community, so they are all very experimental in nature. Some feel like you could never think about actually playing them, whereas some wet your imagination right away.

I have only played one of the games, Cell Gamma by Mike Holmes. First a public notice: If you ever plan to be a player in this game, DO NOT READ IT! :) Ok, now that that's out of the way, I'll give a few thoughts: The game was very refreshingly different. It requires very much improvisational skill by the GM, but the inherent system in the game should make improvisation easy. My group were really fascinated by the idea of the game, and were very satisfied with our single gaming session of the game. I would recommend Cell Gamma highly to any group who are willing to make a small experiment into the way they are playing.

My rating comes mostly from my experience with Cell Gamma, as I have not played the other games. ( )
  JapaG | Jun 14, 2007 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,838,932 books! | Top bar: Always visible