Passenger 19: A Jammer Davis Thriller…

Passenger 19: A Jammer Davis Thriller (Jammer Davis Thrillers)

by Ward Larsen

This was a well written, page turning thriller. I enjoyed the mystery and suspense but thought some of the action sequences were a little too long. It would make a great movie. ( )
  slsmith101 | Apr 15, 2019 |
Jammer Davis is an aircraft crash investigator. When a plane crashes in the jungles of Columbia, Jammer discovers that his daughter was on that plane. He is sent down to investigate and discovers that somehow his daughter managed to get off of the plane. Now, he has to find her and unravel the mystery that surrounds her survival. Many loose ends here. No doub of the "hero" come no through and getting the bad guys. ( )
  creighley | Nov 24, 2017 |
This third book in the series is the first Jammer Davis mystery that I've read, and I'm happy to report that the transition into the story was effortless. No questions, no confusion. Davis is a good blend of logic and brute force, and both elements come into play in this story involving his young daughter.

I learned quite a bit about different kinds of aircraft and investigating crash sites, and everything was perfectly geared toward readers who don't have a clue about these things: light, to the point, and very interesting. There were even touches of humor throughout the book, which were needed in such a serious story.

Jammer Davis is a well-drawn character who will definitely make me come back to this series, especially since Passenger 19 also has an engrossing plot that really picks up speed once Davis has enough clues to begin piecing together what happened.

After enjoying this book, I think I'll take a look at the other Jammer Davis mysteries. Good stuff! ( )
  cathyskye | Jul 14, 2016 |
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an unbiased review. All I can say is wow...the book grabbed me from the beginning and I could not put it down. Great fast-paced story and characters. Highly recommended read. ( )
  booksgaloreca | Mar 27, 2016 |
Passenger 19, A Jammer Davis Thriller by Ward Larsen is an action packed, fast moving thriller. Frank, aka Jammer, is an experienced investigator of airline crashes. He discovered his daughter was on a missing airplane in Columbia. I gave this book five stars & will look for more of Larsen's books to read.

"Green was staring at him, a retired two-star general who hadn't lost his regulation two-star expression." He & Jammer had worked together before.

After learning of the missing aircraft, Jammer is understandably tense. "His back & shoulders felt knotted, like a shirt that had been twisted into a rope & left to dry in the sun."

After his wife died four years before he had felt this way. "Now here he was again, at that barren cliff, the last tendrils of hope snapping one by one."

I would like to thank Oceanview Publishing & NetGalley for a complimentary kindle copy. This did not change my opinion for this review. ( )
  carolyninjoy | Mar 15, 2016 |

"Jammer Davis has spent most of his life investigating aircraft accidents. When a small regional jet disappears over the jungles of Colombia, it is a tragedy like dozens of others he has seen...but for one terrible detail--his young daughter, who was enroute to a semester abroad in South America, is listed on the passenger manifest. A distraught Davis rushes to BogotŠ and bulls his way into the inquiry. When the wreckage is located, it becomes clear the crash was unsurvivable. As the investigation gains momentum, the facts go astray. Two pilots had been shot before the crash, along with one passenger. The possibility of a hijacking looms large as the search begins to focus on two passengers who boarded the plane, yet their remains cannot be found. Davis uncovers an even more sinister plot behind the entire disaster--one that goes to the highest levels of the United States government. But how could it possibly involve his daughter?"--Jacket… (more)

Oceanview Publishing

3 editions of this book were published by Oceanview Publishing.

Editions: 1608091678, 1608091686, 1608092364

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,551,742 books! | Top bar: Always visible