Don't You Cry by Mary Kubica

Don't You Cry (2016)

by Mary Kubica

Psychological thriller - will keep you guessing until the end. Quinn's roommate, Esther, goes missing. Clues point to an Esther that Quinn can't reconcile with the Esther she knows. Meanwhile, across Lake Michigan, Alex, an 18 year old working at the local cafe, meets a girl that is very mysterious. Has Esther run away? What is happening? ( )
  rmarcin | Jan 22, 2019 |
This is the 3rd of Kubica's books that I have read. It is a standalone thriller with interesting characters and a plot with lots of twists and turns. The story gets off to a slow start with two separate narrators telling two separate stories. Piece by piece you begin to see how these stories can be related but you are kept guessing until the very end. Kubica writes in such a way that you think you know where the story will go but you are always proved wrong. I like books that surprise you and that's what her books are all about. I'm looking forward to her next book and I would recommend her books to those who like psychological thrillers. ( )
  EadieB | Oct 12, 2018 |
I loved the mystery of Don't You Cry. About twenty pages before the end everything clicked into place while before I was always questioning what happened. It sucks what happened to that one character. They didn't deserve it. I wondered what I would have done with a child like Genevieve. Today, I would have put her in a psych ward or called the police on her. I don't care if she's five years old. ( )
  AdrianaGarcia | Jul 10, 2018 |
Another great mystery with a lot of twists and turns. ( )
  PamV | Mar 27, 2018 |
Listened to this on audio. It was just ok; I really got annoyed by how the author dragged things out sometimes. The two narrators were so introspective that conversations with other characters took forever to get through. That was obnoxious. And I really don't get the title. Has no meaning whatsoever. ( )
  Aseleener | Mar 24, 2018 |

Mary Kubicaprimary authorall editionscalculated
Heyborne, KirbyNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Kuusela, VirpiTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Rudd, KateNarratorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed
Willander, MajaTranslatorsecondary authorsome editionsconfirmed

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0778319059, Hardcover)

New York Times bestselling author of The Good Girl, Mary Kubica returns with an electrifying and addictive tale of deceit and obsession

In downtown Chicago, a young woman named Esther Vaughan disappears from her apartment without a trace. A haunting letter addressed to My Dearest is found among her possessions, leaving her friend and roommate Quinn Collins to wonder where Esther is and whether or not she's the person Quinn thought she knew.

Meanwhile, in a small Michigan harbor town an hour outside Chicago, a mysterious woman appears in the quiet coffee shop where eighteen-year-old Alex Gallo works as a dishwasher. He is immediately drawn to her charm and beauty, but what starts as an innocent crush quickly spirals into something far more dark and sinister than he ever expected.

As Quinn searches for answers about Esther, and Alex is drawn further under the stranger's spell, master of suspense Mary Kubica takes readers on a taut and twisted thrill ride that builds to a stunning conclusion and shows that no matter how fast and far we run, the past always catches up with us in the end.

(retrieved from Amazon Fri, 11 Dec 2015 16:59:12 -0500)

In downtown Chicago, a young woman named Esther Vaughan disappears from her apartment without a trace. A haunting letter addressed to My Dearest is the only clue, leaving her friend and roommate Quinn to wonder, who is Esther really? And where did she go? Meanwhile, in a small lake town an hour outside of the city, a mysterious woman appears in the quiet coffee shop where eighteen-year-old Alex Gallo works as a dish washer. He is immediately drawn to her, but what starts as an innocent crush quickly spirals into something deeper and darker. As Quinn searches for answers about Esther and Alex is drawn further under Pearl's spell, master of suspense Mary Kubica takes readers on a taut and twisted thrill ride that builds to a stunning conclusion and shows that no matter how fast and far we run, the past always catches up.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 133,353,656 books! | Top bar: Always visible