The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher

The Princess Diarist (edition 2016)

by Carrie Fisher (Author)

Member:lkmiller
Title:The Princess Diarist
Authors:Carrie Fisher (Author)
Info:Blue Rider Press (2016), Ebook, 189 pages
Collections:Your library, Read but unowned
Tags:nonfiction, biography, ebook, library, read, 2017, checked

The Princess Diarist by Carrie Fisher

I have to start my review with a little disclaimer, I listened to "The Princess Diarist" on audiobook and I have a feeling I would have enjoyed the reading experience better. Carrie Fisher narrated the audiobook and her voice was cringe worthy, so I really couldn't get through the book fast enough.

Now, about the content. I thought the book was going to be mostly about her time filming Star wars as Princess Leia. Instead, the majority of the book focused on her affair with Harrison Ford. Which I did find interesting at first. But then you get to the actually diary entries and find out that all she wrote about back then was him. Kudos to her for wanting to publish those entries because they were angsty and full of terrible rhyming.

The few pages that weren't about Harrison were filled with humble bragging and/or jokes at the expense of her fans. I am certain she was trying to come of lighthearted and likable, but it didn't work for my (at least not in the audiobook format).

I will say that I did get upset upon hearing about the novelty rights situation. I already knew that she was taken advantage of (it's pretty common knowledge), but just hearing about it made me even more angry. Especially since it was eluded to that she didn't get rights because she was a young female. The irony that she was screwed over whilst playing one of the most famous feminist characters is wild. ( )
  Derby_Lane | May 24, 2017 |
This short memoir by Carrie Fisher was the perfect read for those who still can't quite believe the actress has passed away. Fun and funny, this was a great read for Star Wars fans and the audiobook has the added treat of being narrated by the author herself! ( )
  wagner.sarah35 | May 10, 2017 |
ORIGINALLY POSTED: https://bibliomantics.com/2017/04/09/my-year-in-reading-cassie-las-march-2017-wrap-up/

Carrie Fisher’s final autobiography explores the actress’ first few years as and the lasting legacy of the iconic Princess Leia, even detailing her secret affair with actor Harrison Ford during the filming of Episode IV. Told in her own words, and the angsty teen poetry found in her recently unearthed Star Wars filming diary, this is Fisher at her most revealing. ( )
  yrchmonger | Apr 9, 2017 |
A fun listen. Carrie can get a little obsessive, and spend far far too long an a specific subject, but i enjoyed it. This coming from someone who only saw 2 Star Wars movies, and fell asleep in both. Fisher was a true original whose POV will make you smile. ( )
  Narshkite | Apr 4, 2017 |
FOR
George Lucas
Harrison Ford
Mark Hamill
Irvin Kershner
J. J. Abrams
Rian Johnson

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 114,421,754 books! | Top bar: Always visible