Wanderers 2: Apprentice by Richard A.…

Wanderers 2: Apprentice

by Richard A. Bamberg

831,503,852 (4.75)None

Apprentice: Wanderers, Book 2
Written by: Richard A Bamberg
Narrated by: Johnny Mack
This is an audible book I requested and the review is voluntary.
This is book two of the series but I think a reader could read this without reading the first one and not get lost. In this one, Rafe is getting an apprentice, of course she didn't know about it until he just shows up to get her. He has to heal her missing leg, hand, and burned face. Stealing her from the hospital didn't go well by the hospital staff but it was great. Rafe's familiar, Beast, is a mythological creature that shape shifts into a Harley. Of course he talks which is something he has to do in private, makes things a bit awkward otherwise. Since the cops are after them, they stop off at a place Rafe knew from 20 years ago. This might not have been a good idea, he meets an old fling who is still there and has aged, he hasn't. He had loved her and she loved him. She has a son about what age Rafe looks, but is it his son?
There are also portals being opened, creatures coming in. Trying to figure out who and why this is happening. Apprentice to train and to finish healing. Women to deal with. Oh, my! Fun book. I liked the first one better but this is still great. Great fantasy, magic, touch of romance, action, adventure, and battles.
The narrator is still the same, which I am glad. He is awesome. It also is nice to have the same voices for consistency. He can do all these voices wonderfully esp. Beast! ( )
  MontzaleeW | Aug 23, 2017 |
thanx so much!! I enjoyed reading and I love your books!! :) ( )
  jennifferhope | Dec 30, 2015 |
Rafe is back, and I couldn’t be happier.

The book opens with Rafe walking through a military hospital in Texas late at night. Fate has given him a new assignment. He’s there to pick up a wounded soldier named T.E. Sylvan, his new apprentice. He opens the door and meets a woman named Tess.

Rafe’s familiar, Beast, the manticore/motorcycle, is just as surprised as he that the new Wanderer is a woman. Rafe still has to train her and fast, but Tess can’t train until she heals. She has significant damage to her body. He’s decided to take her to a motel to rest, start the healing process, and begin her training.

The motel looks familiar, but he doesn’t remember why. When a woman calls his name, comes up to him, and kisses him, he remembers where he is.

Laura is the woman he fell in love with years ago. If he could have, he would have taken her with him, but he had to leave her behind. Now she is standing in front of him again and old feelings for her surface along with memories of his mentor, Walt, while he’s trying to deal with new feelings about Tess. To make matters worse, a Norse god of mischief has noticed them, and the renegade Wanderer Rowle is sending all manner of people and creatures to kill them.

I got this book for free in exchange for an honest review. Book two in the Wanderer series is written differently from book one, but just as good. At first I was a little thrown off by the interludes between chapters as I’m used to just plowing through. I don’t stop to read the chapter headings, so I was about two sentences into the first interlude when I got confused. I went back and realized it’s a flashback scene. Once I figured that out, I started watching for the interludes, and I was able to enjoy them when they popped up.

I loved the first book and now with the second we get more information about Rafe’s reality. I like that more of Beast’s personality has emerged with this book. It’s becoming more obvious why the two have been companions for so long. With the introduction of Tess, we see also more of Rafe’s magical abilities. We already know how someone is chosen to be a Wanderer, we now have a glimpse of how one becomes a Wanderer. I’m hoping the author keeps going with the series. I would love to see Tess develop her skills, meet her familiar, and find out what’s next for Rafe. ( )
1 vote Kai45 | Dec 6, 2015 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Richard A. Bamberg's book Wanderers 2: Apprentice was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Richard Bamberg is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 134,092,681 books! | Top bar: Always visible