Jesus and Muhammad: Profound Differences and…

Jesus and Muhammad: Profound Differences and Surprising Similarities

by Mark A. Gabriel

The author was raised Islamic, memorizing the Qoran. This book walks you side by side with Jesus and Muhammad, from their births to their deaths as written in the respective Scriptures.

The book is a courageous historical and textual comparison by a professor of Islamic Studies in the most prestigious Islamic university in the world, Al-Azhar University in Cairo.

The author does not hesitate to show what each says, from the Scripture. Significantly he finds that much of what he was taught to believe about Christianity was untrue, and much of what Islam is teaching to the West, about Islam, is also a lie.

The author finds that of the two teachings, only one taught "Love" and "Peace". Only one teaches eternal war, a belief in Jinns, and a rejection of unbelievers to the point of "killing them if necessary in order to make them submit to Islam". [150]. He contrasts this express invocation of slaughter, with John 13:34 -- "A new command I give you: Love one another."
  keylawk | Aug 28, 2012 |
I was disappointed - the author is uniquely qualified to address this subject, but instead took a proselytizing angle. The central theme of the book is his own religious struggle; the titular theme is only referenced insofar as it was appropriate for the underlying narrative. ( )
1 vote jarlalex | May 5, 2012 |
For a while I was struggling between the Christian faith I was raised in and the allure of the Islamic faith. The same day that I said a prayer for God to show me the direction He wanted me to go, I found this book. It answered every doubt and question that I had.

This book was refreshing in a way that most comparative religion books aren't. Instead of comparing the modern-day faiths, Dr. Gabriel took it back to their respective founders and compared the way they lived their lives with what they preached. He also revealed some of his own history and journey of faith.

I found "Jesus and Muhammad" to be throughly researched and very well-written. I highly recommend it for anyone who is questioning their faith (whatever it may be), or who just wants a better understanding of the men who founded the two biggest religions on Earth. ( )
  heatherheartsbooks | Jan 8, 2010 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,923,510 books! | Top bar: Always visible