The Mob by Clem Martini

The Mob

by Clem Martini

Very cool. I haven't read the other reviews, but it wouldn't surprise me if comparisons were made to [b:Watership Down|76620|Watership Down|Richard Adams|http://photo.goodreads.com/books/1298434234s/76620.jpg|1357456]. On the basis of page numbers, though, you'd have to read Martini's whole trilogy to approach Adams' book.

This too, is for all ages, though marketed to Young Adult. This too is gracefully written, exciting, and includes explorations of the birds' mythologies and political & social lives. This too is an allegory to help us humans see ourselves more clearly. This is a little simpler, more accessible & appealing to modern readers who may not be avidly interested in a classic about talking bunnies.

I was intrigued, and it was a fun quick read, but I won't bother to seek out the next two books. I think that's more a reflection on me, though, as I don't care for series in general. ( )
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 6, 2016 |
Reviewed by my daughter. She thought it was unique and good. Full review: http://www.canadianauthors.net/m/martini_clem/mob_the.php
  ripleyy | May 7, 2009 |
This book is not the modernist goth tale the cover suggests, but neither is it a lighthearted tale. It is the story of birds surviving in the wild. Though generally I'm against the anthropomorphizing of animals, in this case I will let it slide because I feel that the sneaky way Martini inserts interesting facts about birds generally and crows specifically is well played. ( )
  readingsarah | May 9, 2008 |
Realistic storyline, but the author endows crows with a complex culture. Somewhat reminiscent of Watership Down, but more accurate in terms of the animals' behaviour. I'm looking forward to reading the remaining volumes of the trilogy. ( )
  muumi | Jan 3, 2008 |

"At the peak of the spring migration, hundreds of crows converge for the Gathering, but this year the unity of the flock is threatened...a mob lead by young ... Kyp mounts a revenge attack on a cat - with disastrous consequences... The flock passes judgement - Kyp must be punished..."--Cover.… (more)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,110,075 books! | Top bar: Always visible