RA-I by Sanami Matoh

An interesting stand alone manga which pre-dates Matoh's popular "Fake" series. I picked this up because some of the characters here show up as side characters in Bikky's shorts in "Fake". Here we are introduced to three siblings, Rai, Rei and Rao, who are the heirs of a corporation owned by their rich and powerful father. Such an inheritance has led the youngest sibling, Rai, to fear for his safety (despite being an uber smart genius and having extremely powerful psychic powers) so he mails himself into the care of private detective, Al Foster. Soon Rai and his sister Rei have completely insinuated themselves into the life and business of Al.

As always there is something about Matoh's artistry that I really enjoy. Her men always appear very masculine and her girls are all very pretty so it's pleasing to the eye. I also liked the romantic subplots between Al/Rei and Rai/Rathe.

Just as an fyi to anyone who might be interested, despite its tie in to "Fake" all the 'ships here are completely straight which makes this the only non-BL/yaoi one-shot manga I've found so far. I think it is quite the rarity. ( )
  Jenson_AKA_DL | Aug 31, 2008 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,675,511 books! | Top bar: Always visible