Web of Deceit by Glenn Meade

Web of Deceit

by Glenn Meade

English (2)  German (1)  All (3)
As with most books that involves spys and criminals there is a certain amount of confusion about what, why and when, plus all the double bluffs. There was a bit of that in this book which was a bit of a distraction. The ending was a bit cliche and seemed to be have written for a movie ending rather than a book but there is a lot of that around of late.

Overall it's readable, but nothing spectacular. ( )
  Balthazar-Lawson | Mar 30, 2013 |
#Cross-posted from http://palakmathur.wordpress.com/2011/06/23/book-review-web-of-deceit-by-glenn-m...

Web of Deceit was the third thriller that I read this week. Again, the sequence of events makes you think forever that what exactly is going to happen next. Glenn Meade mesmerised me with his powerful writing and imagination.

A New York Attorney, Jennifer March’s life was torn apart two years previously when here family was destroyed – her mother killed, brother disabled and father disappeared. Dark secrets in her father’s past make her wonder whether he was responsible for the death of her mother and leaving her brother, Bobby badly disabled.

Two years later, her father’s body is discovered frozen into a remote glacier in the Swiss Alps, and Jennifer sets out to find answers. However, she soon finds herself the target of mystery men who do anything to stop her from unravelling the frightening mystery of why her family was butchered.

CIA agent Jack Kelso forces her friend Mark Ryan, a New York police officer, into following her, as Jack warns him that Jennifer’s life is at risk. Jennifer hooks up with Private Detective, Frank McCaul, whose son Chuck was murdered because he found the body of Jennifer’s father in the glacier.

The book is swift and events happen at a breakneck speed though in the beginning the story runs a little slow. The plot is wonderful and maintains the thrill until the end. Since it is fast paced you don’t want to put the book down and continue reading thinking about the events that have happened and that will happen next and each time something new happens which you would not have thought.

Somehow, now I feel that the books like Web of Deceit, Whiteout and Paranoia are forcing me to read more of fiction now. I had assumed that no more fictions for me. I was wrong. If there are authors like Ken Follet, Glenn Meade, and Joseph Finder then you can keep coming back to thrilling fictions. I loved the last three books that I read.

Rating 4/5. ( )
  palakmathur | Jun 23, 2011 |

New York attorney Jennifer March is haunted by the mysterious and savage slaughter of her family on the same night that her father disappeared, never to be seen alive again. Two years on, his corpse is discovered frozen into a remote glacier in the Swiss Alps. Jennifer sets out for Europe to find answers.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,424,632 books! | Top bar: Always visible