Diary of a Djinn: A Novel by Gini Alhadeff

Diary of a Djinn: A Novel

by Gini Alhadeff

171587,099 (3)1

The thing I enjoyed most about this book were the multiple times the author used opposites to describe the same thing/situation: "proof of my significance and so, inevitably, of my insignificance", "a piece of clothing off a rack is for a standard body, therefore for nobody, since no body is standard".
This was NOT my favorite book. I found it very hard to read and understand what was going on. It was less of a story and more character musings, not a problem in itself, but this one didn't grab me. The final 20 or so pages were the best -- I think a whole book could have been written on the relationship between the main character and Princess and that it could have been flushed out more directly. ( )
  whoot | May 15, 2008 |
For Nora and Carlo

Diary of a Djinn takes the narrator and her alter ego, the playful and watchful djinn, on a series of adventures from the glamorous rigors of a Milan fashion house in the 1980s, where the narrator is a reluctant muse to the designer, to 1990s Manhattan. In a humorous flashback, she revisits the cloistered life of a Florentine boarding school filled with the daughters of blueboods and industrialists.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,444,424 books! | Top bar: Always visible