Living from the Heart: Heart Rhythm…

Living from the Heart: Heart Rhythm Meditation for Energy, Clarity, Peace,…

by Puran Khan Bair

Major influence on me. It is an excellent book, especially, for beginning meditators, for it explains clearly a very workable method requiring attention to both break and heartbeat. Puran's prose is detailed and clear. It is detachable from his spiritual base, which is the Sufism of Hazrat Inayat Khan, the musician and American founder of such.

Since this edition there has come another to which his wife, Susanna, has made a major contribution, but I have not yet completed this one. ( )
  ecasebeer2 | Dec 12, 2012 |
I have read many many "heart" entitled books over the years and it is surprising to me that so few people are aware of this book and the method of meditation that it introduces, especially given its ease and effectiveness. Before I discovered this work, my own heart had attained various states----from serious questioning with Ramana Maharshi and other spiritual quests, to the ecstatic verse of Rumi and Hafiz----from sharing with patients, life's trauma and joys through years as a health care provider, to the wrenching-heart-breaking-openings of ended relationships.

When I began Heart Rhythm Meditation, sensations and awareness felt great right away which aroused my curiosity and encouraged me to keep practicing. But it took me six more months of various methods of this meditation before realizing I was experiencing much more than just a temporary high or an insightful understanding. Some essential aspect of my being was gradually changing by such a simple practice of attending to my breathing and my heart-beat.

(For the quickest experiential entry, go immediately to "The First Intervention" practice on page 144 for a limited number of breaths. Then go right on to page 155 "The Second Intervention" also for a limited number of breaths. Gently. Simply. Easily. Entering into a "conversation" with your lungs and then opening to the possibility of a "conversation" with your heart. If any anxiety or concerns arise in this new relationship with your heart, move right on to page 166.)

I have read this book every year for the last nine years and shared it with patients and students. With even a little patience, I know you will discover or uncover within, exactly what the book's subtitle suggests: energy, clarity, peace, joy and inner power. Moving into your heart, layer after layer after layer. Holding a feeling state longer and longer. Living less through your mind, and living more from your heart. You will not lose any mental abilities but calm and enhance them as you gain your full heart function. As Puran Bair speaks so succinctly, you may now live with your mind in service to your heart.

(This book provides practical emotional experience of the Elements and insights on pranayama for those interested in either of these arenas.)

Puran and Susanna Bair have also published another title: Energize Your Heart ( )
4 vote Murshid | Mar 6, 2008 |
I'd say the techniques in this book are quite advanced, but as they can be practiced by beginners they make for an entire discipline. All in one book. And that's pretty cool. I'd ground the body first tho. And I'd definitely teach it to advanced students. ( )
  yuvalro | Nov 14, 2007 |

Living from the Heart introduces an innovative, Sufi-based meditation method for improving daily life. Through becoming mindful of the heartbeat readers will be able to create a deep state of stillness and alertness, improve physical health, enhance intuition, and concentrate personal power. Bair illustrates the effectiveness of his program with stories of clients he has helped and with ancient teaching stories from the Sufi masters. Heart Rhythm Meditation is suitable for beginners as well as experienced meditators looking to expand their practice.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:21:27 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,742,810 books! | Top bar: Always visible