My Friend Rabbit by Eric Rohmann

My Friend Rabbit (original 2002; edition 2011)

by Eric Rohmann, Eric Rohmann (Illustrator)

Member:ogechukwu
Title:My Friend Rabbit
Authors:Eric Rohmann
Other authors:Eric Rohmann (Illustrator)
Info:Roaring Brook Press (2011), Edition: Enlarged, Paperback, 32 pages
Tags:picture Book, Caldecott award Winner

My Friend Rabbit by Eric Rohmann (2002)

Recently added byprivate library, cindy60, AHBCS, skyleners, mrs.k.rippel, KUselton, Dakota1013

Whenever Rabbit is around, something is bound to go wrong. He doesn't mean to cause trouble; it just works out that way. Mouse knows this but he still allows Rabbit play with his toy plane because they're best friends. "My Friend Rabbit" is about the meaning of friendship and the things we do for friends. ( )
  tmoore3 | May 3, 2016 |
This fun story is a great example of a fantasy because animals do not talk and play together as they do in the book. This story is about a rabbit who is followed by trouble but is loved by his dear friend mouse. Mouse accepts rabbit for who he is. The illustration in this book are fun and vibrant. There is a great use of bright colors and shapes that really grab your attention. Media: relief print ( )
  CrystalBrooks | Mar 30, 2016 |
Genre: Fantasy

I would use this book to:
-teach students about how the illustrations help tell the story
-teach students about conflict and resolution

Summary: This book is about the friendship of a rabbit and a mouse. When mouse lets Rabbit play with his airplane, Rabbit gets it stuck on a tree. Rabbit the thinks of an idea to solve the problem.

Media: watercolor

Critique: "My Friend Rabbit" is a great example of fantasy because the two main characters are talking animals that perform activities that animals in the real world are unable to do. For example, Rabbit and his friend mouse get a toy airplane stuck on a tree and Rabbit gathers and stacks big animals on top of each other to be able to reach and get the airplane down. ( )
  DaliaL. | Mar 4, 2016 |
“My Friend Rabbit” is a story that is narrated by a mouse. The rabbit is always dragging trouble behind him. After Rabbit sends mouse’s airplane soaring up into a tree, that is where you begin to take in all of Rabbits ambitious intentions. They go through many different obstacles, or animals, to retrieve this plane. These animals stand as a ladder, or building blocks to reach the top of the tree. After ample amounts of attempts, and feathers flying along the way, the airplane falls from the tree. The story comes to a close of two friends forgiving.

I believe that this would be a great book to use in an art lesson, and a reading comprehension as well. The story teaches many lessons, and how to work together. So, the over all message that the students would be receiving would give room for deep discussion with the students. They can also take what they have learned into a Language Arts lesson over creative writing.
  AlanaLedford | Feb 1, 2016 |
My Friend Rabbit is a cute little book with very little words. It starts off telling the reader, “My friend Rabbit means well, but wherever he goes, whatever he does, trouble follows.” The story is being told by a mouse that is friends with Rabbit. The story starts off with Rabbit getting a toy plane stuck in a tree. The next few pages have no words, but have big and colorful pictures that will have children’s minds putting the story together in their own way. It’s very easy for the reader to see that Rabbit is gathering all different kinds of animals, some big and some small, in which he will find a way to get his toy plane down from the tree. Rabbit ended up stacking up the animals in order for mouse to climb to the top and grab the toy plane. Sure enough, trouble was around and when mouse tried grabbing the tree, the pile of animals lost their balance and all fell down. Luckily, they were able to grab the toy plane and fly around in it, but whenever Rabbit is around trouble always follows. On the last page, mouse and Rabbit who were flying in the plane, all got stuck in a tree. The pictures in this book were nice and big and very colorful. Something that caught my attention was the lines drawn around the characters to show that they were moving. I always knew that's what it meant, but I guess from just talking about it in class made me notice it even more. ( )
  lcrosby | Jan 27, 2016 |
For Nicholas, Ethan, and William
My friend Rabbit means well.
But whatever he does, wherever he goes, trouble follows.

This was a cute little story about a mouse and his friend rabbit. Rabbit seems to always have trouble following him. Rabbit gets mouses toy plant stuck into a tree and make a the story fun by using other animals and retrieve the plane. Its a cute story with some lovely illustrations.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 031236752X, Paperback)

Product Description
When Mouse lets his best friend, Rabbit, play with his brand-new airplane, trouble isn't far behind.

A Look Inside My Friend Rabbit
(Click on Images to Enlarge)

"My friend Rabbit means well, but..." "Not to worry, Mouse, I've got an idea." The downside of a good idea "...wherever he goes, trouble follows"

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:30 -0400)

Something always seems to go wrong when Rabbit is around, but Mouse lets him play with his toy plane anyway because he is his good friend.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 105,956,318 books! | Top bar: Always visible