My Friend Rabbit by Eric Rohmann

My Friend Rabbit (original 2002; edition 2011)

by Eric Rohmann, Eric Rohmann (Illustrator)

Member:ogechukwu
Title:My Friend Rabbit
Authors:Eric Rohmann
Other authors:Eric Rohmann (Illustrator)
Info:Roaring Brook Press (2011), Edition: Enlarged, Paperback, 32 pages
Tags:picture Book, Caldecott award Winner

My Friend Rabbit by Eric Rohmann (2002)

Recently added bycesdemo, IC_kimetra, JakimaMH

A great book about helping out and sticking with your friends no matter what happens. It is an awesome book with a great lesson that every child should read. ( )
  MichaelCunningham | Oct 18, 2016 |
This book is about a friend who helps another no matter what it takes. I thought this book was very cute. It taught a valuable lesson about being a good friend, but also did it with animals. The children loved looking at the animals. Also we were able to name all the animals in the book. ( )
  BrittanyPatman | Sep 18, 2016 |
Summary:
My friend Rabbit is a book about a rabbit and a mouse who are best friends. The mouse loves rabbit, even though he knows wherever he goes there is gonna be trouble. One day they are playing and the rabbit gets the mouses new airplane stuck in a tree. He decides to save the day. He starts finding animals of all shapes and sizes, including an elephant, a gator, and a squirrel, and stacks them all on top off each other. They reach the plane, but end up all falling down. Even though mouse knows rabbit is a mess, he still is his friend through it all.

Personal Reaction:
I enjoyed reading this book, because even though there aren't a lot of words you still fully understand the meaning. This book illustrates the true meaning of friendship and I think it is important to read books like these to the kids in your class.

Classroom Extension:
1. I would have the kids write me a story about a time when they got into a sticky situation with their friend and how they got out of it.
2. I would ask the kids to pick an animal out of the book and tell the story from their point of view instead.
  Shelby_Booker1214 | Sep 16, 2016 |
Summary:
My Friend Rabbit by Eric Rohmann is about a mouse and a rabbit who are best friends. The mouse just received a brand new airplane and while playing, it got stuck in the tree. While his friend rabbit thinks he can retrieve it, he causes some problem for everyone involved. Rabbit gets large and small animals in all sorts of predicaments. During the process of reclaiming his bestfriends airplane, he manages to jumble everyone together in order to make a living ladder. Mouse realizes that even though rabbit causes a lot problems, rabbit is still his bestfriend.

Personal Reaction:
I love this book, even though this book is for little kids and mainly brightly colored pictures, the art work is well enough executed that the students would have no problem at all telling what the story line is. The moral of the story is that even the best of friends can cause problems, but a real friend is a friend forever.

Classroom Extension:
1. Read the story while sharing the pictures. Have the children identify the animals.
2. Discuss the meaning of friendship.
3. Have the students tell me what characteristics make a good friend.
  makayladawn | Sep 7, 2016 |
This book was about a rabbit and mouse being good friends and playing together. Rabbit was always causing trouble wherever they went. They were playing with a plane one day and the plane got stuck in the tree so Rabbit brought all kinds of big animals to stack on top of each other to get Mouse and the plane out of the tree. He could almost reach them but not quite. So, they all fell on top of each other and they were all very mad at Rabbit. Mouse flew the plane to save Rabbit. Rabbit couldn't stop thanking mouse and made him crash again. I loved the way the illustrator show the rabbit carrying all the heavy animals to the tree. I also liked how their faced were when they all crashed. You could tell they were made but the way there were standing and their facial expressions. ( )
  knbenson6584 | Sep 1, 2016 |
For Nicholas, Ethan, and William
My friend Rabbit means well.
But whatever he does, wherever he goes, trouble follows.

This was a cute little story about a mouse and his friend rabbit. Rabbit seems to always have trouble following him. Rabbit gets mouses toy plant stuck into a tree and make a the story fun by using other animals and retrieve the plane. Its a cute story with some lovely illustrations.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 031236752X, Paperback)

Product Description
When Mouse lets his best friend, Rabbit, play with his brand-new airplane, trouble isn't far behind.

A Look Inside My Friend Rabbit
(Click on Images to Enlarge)

"My friend Rabbit means well, but..." "Not to worry, Mouse, I've got an idea." The downside of a good idea "...wherever he goes, trouble follows"

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:30 -0400)

Something always seems to go wrong when Rabbit is around, but Mouse lets him play with his toy plane anyway because he is his good friend.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 110,629,233 books! | Top bar: Always visible