My Friend Rabbit by Eric Rohmann

My Friend Rabbit (original 2002; edition 2011)

by Eric Rohmann, Eric Rohmann (Illustrator)

1,1971376,697 (3.87)5
Member:ogechukwu
Title:My Friend Rabbit
Authors:Eric Rohmann
Other authors:Eric Rohmann (Illustrator)
Info:Roaring Brook Press (2011), Edition: Enlarged, Paperback, 32 pages
Tags:picture Book, Caldecott award Winner

My Friend Rabbit by Eric Rohmann (2002)

Summary

This was a story of friendship and the extent one friend would go for another. Despite the outcome and dilemma the help Rabbit gave caused Mouse knew it came from a place of caring.

Personal Reaction

I understand Rabbit’s desire to help his friend when I watch my own son playing with his friends if one starts crying or loses a toy he goes out of his way to try to make things better. Most of the time his going out of his way is getting me involved, but at least he thinks about what he’s going to do unlike Rabbit.

Classroom Extension Ideas:

1. Bring a rabbit and a mouse to the class to represent the characters in the book.
2. Ask the class to come up with alternate ideas on how they would’ve helped Mouse get his plane out of the tree.
3. Have the class come up with dialog of what they think the other animals might have been thinking or might have said to Mouse and Rabbit if giving the chance. ( )
  r.johnson | Jun 30, 2015 |
A regular cute aminals book with a dash of extra zazz--I like the thick-lined art and the way the aminals all keep changing size and the irrepressibility and when you turn the whole book sideways and that the mouse has an airplane and that the bunny is a scamp and not ascareded. ( )
1 vote MeditationesMartini | Jun 26, 2015 |
Summary: This is a wordless picture book that includes illustrations of a rabbit and a squirrel getting Rabbit's plane stuck in a tree. Rabbit comes up with an elaborate idea to use various other animals to stack on top of each other so that he and Squirrel can get the plane. Squirrel might not agree with all of Rabbit's ideas, but he loves his friend no matter what trouble they seem to always end up in.

Personal reflection: I thought this book was really cute because of the friendship that the two animals display throughout the book. I also like the unusual pairing of a squirrel and a rabbit. This was my first time exploring a picture book without words and I enjoyed the change, as a story was told, just not through words.

Classroom activities: I would ask the students to read the book and then explore the theme of friendship and why it is important for every day life. I might then ask the students to discuss a time in their lives when they got into trouble with a friend, but managed to make the most of the situation.
  MelissaKlatt | Apr 22, 2015 |
This is the story of a friendship between a little mouse and a very amusing rabbit. Rabbit really means well… but he always seems to get the two of them into trouble. Whether he is getting airplanes stuck in trees, pulling large animals in to fix their situations, stacking animals on top of animals to fix their mistakes, etc. Rabbit and the little mouse always run into conflicts because Rabbit is very ambitious… but in the end, they are still the best of friends!
Genre: Fantasy
  KaylaAnn715 | Apr 21, 2015 |
Rabbit and mouse are best friends, and Rabbit throws his friends mouse on a plane. The plane gets trapped in the tree, and Rabbit has a plan to get it back. Mouse believes that trouble follows Rabbit, and Rabbit begins to bring an elephant, rhinosoruntos, hippopotamus, dear, bear, crocodile, and a duck. Rabbit asks all of his friends to get on top of each other to reach the plane in the tree, but when they all get on top of each other they collapse. All the animals were not happy at Rabbit, but Mouse believes that Rabbit means well. Once Rabbit and mouse have the plane again they fly together, and Rabbit covers Mouse’s eyes. Rabbit and Mouse crash again, and Rabbit has another idea. ( )
  memaldonado | Mar 1, 2015 |
For Nicholas, Ethan, and William
My friend Rabbit means well.
But whatever he does, wherever he goes, trouble follows.

This was a cute little story about a mouse and his friend rabbit. Rabbit seems to always have trouble following him. Rabbit gets mouses toy plant stuck into a tree and make a the story fun by using other animals and retrieve the plane. Its a cute story with some lovely illustrations.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 031236752X, Paperback)

Product Description
When Mouse lets his best friend, Rabbit, play with his brand-new airplane, trouble isn't far behind.

A Look Inside My Friend Rabbit
(Click on Images to Enlarge)

"My friend Rabbit means well, but..." "Not to worry, Mouse, I've got an idea." The downside of a good idea "...wherever he goes, trouble follows"

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:30 -0400)

Something always seems to go wrong when Rabbit is around, but Mouse lets him play with his toy plane anyway because he is his good friend.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 98,462,838 books! | Top bar: Always visible