My Friend Rabbit by Eric Rohmann

My Friend Rabbit (original 2002; edition 2011)

by Eric Rohmann, Eric Rohmann (Illustrator)

Member:elizabethhart
Title:My Friend Rabbit
Authors:Eric Rohmann
Other authors:Eric Rohmann (Illustrator)
Info:Roaring Brook Press (2011), Edition: Enlarged, Paperback, 32 pages
Rating:***
Tags:Caldecott Medal, Picture Book, Fiction

My Friend Rabbit by Eric Rohmann (2002)

Follow a pair of friends that no matter how hard they try get into trouble together. When Rabbit gets Mouse's plane stuck in the tree, Rabbit has to find a way to get it back down. I loved how cute the story was and the fact that sometimes the pictures were more important than the words. I would recommend this book for the ages 4-7, depending on individual reading levels. ( )
  Christopher_279 | Mar 20, 2017 |
Summary: The book is about two firends a rabbit and a mouse who stick together through thick and thin. When mouses plane gets stuck in a tree, rabbit comes to the rescue. Though when he tries to help trouble followes him.
Genre: Fantasy
Review: Easy context to understand.
Medium: Printed
Class: Can use to teach students about the consequences of not thinking things through.
Age: primary-intermidiate
  little_manb | Mar 11, 2017 |
A story about a rabbit and his new toy plane, and the trouble he manages to get himself into.
  Mimarler | Mar 5, 2017 |
We all have that best friend who gets in trouble with us. I enjoy how everything is outlined in what appears to be a big, black, bold sharpie. It makes all the artwork pop and look a little 3-D. My favorite thing about the book it the pages without the words. All you can see is little rabbit with a piece of another animal. He looks like he is struggling when pulling the animal. The way the illustrates it's a struggle is rabbits tongue is out which sometimes symbolizes focusing and the sweat flinging off the top of his forehead. the next page is a huge elephant. The elephant is so detailed we can see all his wrinkles. Rabbit appears to be stacking all the animals up in order to get the airplane out of the tree. Another thing I appreciate, is when the tower calliopes it is done page by page. First, the ducks fall. Then, everyone else follows. All the animals look angry once the tower has fallen. But, the mouse sticks with rabbit because they are best friends and have the airplane back. ( )
  Phallan | Feb 8, 2017 |
Summary: The friend that means well, the trouble that follows, the solution, more trouble and friendship that lasts. Rabbit the friend that means well but always gets into trouble. The trouble he gets his friend mouses's toy stuck in a tree. The solution bring in and stack animals to reach it. More trouble follows when they just reach it with mouse they all fall down on each other and everybody is mad at rabbit. The friendship solidifies when mouse saves rabbit but together the toy, rabbit and mouse all get stuck in the tree again.

Personally life with friends is always more interesting. A good friend can get you out of trouble, but your best friend gets you into a little as well but always together. I love that this story reflects that so truly.

In the classroom you can use this for alternative thinking. Ask a few questions and explore pros and cons of each decision and attempt to think through each decision. Create a problem with multiple solutions, such as getting a toy out of a tree and have them write out or draw their solution. Another creative way of looking at this is have them write a set of instructions for making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich or if you have to deal with peanut allergies a sandwich of their choice but they need to do the research on every step. ( )
  Erin.Kuszmaul | Feb 4, 2017 |
For Nicholas, Ethan, and William
My friend Rabbit means well.
But whatever he does, wherever he goes, trouble follows.

This was a cute little story about a mouse and his friend rabbit. Rabbit seems to always have trouble following him. Rabbit gets mouses toy plant stuck into a tree and make a the story fun by using other animals and retrieve the plane. Its a cute story with some lovely illustrations.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 031236752X, Paperback)

Product Description
When Mouse lets his best friend, Rabbit, play with his brand-new airplane, trouble isn't far behind.

A Look Inside My Friend Rabbit
(Click on Images to Enlarge)

"My friend Rabbit means well, but..." "Not to worry, Mouse, I've got an idea." The downside of a good idea "...wherever he goes, trouble follows"

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:30 -0400)

Something always seems to go wrong when Rabbit is around, but Mouse lets him play with his toy plane anyway because he is his good friend.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 113,256,769 books! | Top bar: Always visible