My Friend Rabbit by Eric Rohmann

My Friend Rabbit (original 2002; edition 2011)

by Eric Rohmann, Eric Rohmann (Illustrator)

Title:My Friend Rabbit
Authors:Eric Rohmann
Other authors:Eric Rohmann (Illustrator)
Info:Roaring Brook Press (2011), Edition: Enlarged, Paperback, 32 pages
Tags:Caldecott Medal, Picture Book, Fiction

My Friend Rabbit by Eric Rohmann (2002)

Recently added bygoonius, shaunaph, Heather2015, private library, nfwhite, Anilsson, mcarrollfr, khahn718, sydneykroll

When Mouse lets his best friend, Rabbit, play with his brand-new airplane, trouble isn't far behind. From Caldecott Honor award winner Eric Rohmann comes a brand-new picture book about friends and toys and trouble, illustrated in robust, expressive prints.

My Friend Rabbit is the winner of the 2003 Caldecott Medal. (amazon)
  AmyStepaniuk | Oct 20, 2015 |
Summary: Mouse lets his best friend play with his new toy air plane eve though mouse knew trouble was not far behind with rabbit then he lost mouse airplane in the tree so rabbit got his friends to help get the airplane out the tree.

Personal: This story is very good kids will be able to relate because they all have friends that sometimes lose or brake their toys this story elements is about trouble, play, and friendship.

Extension: I will ask the children to act out the book and different parts. then we will talk about how we would react if there friend lost their toy.
  aja_cc | Sep 21, 2015 |
Jaylen White
EDUC 417.002
My Friend Rabbit
This book was great for three different reasons. It taught children that it is okay to mess up sometimes, it also teaches a lesson of forgiveness and also how the pictures tell the majority of the story. It teaches children that messing up is okay because throughout the story the rabbit is trying to do good but no matter what, ends up messing up something. For example, the rabbit was trying to have fun by flying his friend in a small airplane however, he ended up throwing it into a tree where it gets stuck. Nobody in the story gets mad at the rabbit, and instead they try to help him get the plane out of the tree! I love that the book also teaches forgiveness. I feel this is a lost lesson with our kids today. In the story after the rabbit mistakenly throws the airplane into the tree they all comfort him and don’t get mad, and after all is well they are happy and tell the rabbit that it is okay. Lastly, I really like that this book was told mainly through picture. It made it easy to follow along and I got the visual aspect of the story. At one point in the book, they go five pages without a single word/text written on the page and I was still able to follow along just fine if not better! The story would not have had the same feel if it had more words, so I like that the author and illustrator didn’t choose that direction! ( )
  JaylenWhite | Sep 21, 2015 |
Summary: This story is about a mouse who has a new plane and decides to let his accident prone friend rabbit play with it. They end up getting it stuck in a tree and need other animals to help get it out. Only to get it stuck once again.

Personal reaction: I liked this book very much. I think it showed a good example of friendship and understanding.

Classroom extension: I think this would be a good book to read and start a discussion on how to be a good friend. They book shows that mouse was nice enough to let rabbit play with his new toy and did not get mad when it got stuck. Also that rabbit was sorry and did his best to help mouse get it back. The children could draw a picture showing something nice they have done for a friend.
  meaganamadon | Sep 21, 2015 |
Rabbit really does have good intentions but his fantastical ideas always seem to go bad. Mouse is rabbit's friend but is always a little hesitant to participate in rabbit's crazy ideas because they typically end in disaster.

Characters: Rabbit, Mouse, Other animals
Setting: Outside by a tree
Theme: Determination

Possible post-reading discussions include:
friendship; loyalty; trust; patience; creativity; determination; perseverance; and encouragement.
  kimberlyfox | Sep 8, 2015 |
For Nicholas, Ethan, and William
My friend Rabbit means well.
But whatever he does, wherever he goes, trouble follows.

This was a cute little story about a mouse and his friend rabbit. Rabbit seems to always have trouble following him. Rabbit gets mouses toy plant stuck into a tree and make a the story fun by using other animals and retrieve the plane. Its a cute story with some lovely illustrations.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 031236752X, Paperback)

Product Description

A Look Inside My Friend Rabbit
(Click on Images to Enlarge)

"My friend Rabbit means well, but..." "Not to worry, Mouse, I've got an idea." The downside of a good idea "...wherever he goes, trouble follows"

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:30 -0400)

Something always seems to go wrong when Rabbit is around, but Mouse lets him play with his toy plane anyway because he is his good friend.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Store | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 100,876,059 books! | Top bar: Always visible