My Friend Rabbit by Eric Rohmann

My Friend Rabbit (original 2002; edition 2011)

by Eric Rohmann, Eric Rohmann (Illustrator)

1,4191655,323 (3.9)5
Member:elizabethhart
Title:My Friend Rabbit
Authors:Eric Rohmann
Other authors:Eric Rohmann (Illustrator)
Info:Roaring Brook Press (2011), Edition: Enlarged, Paperback, 32 pages
Rating:***
Tags:Caldecott Medal, Picture Book, Fiction

My Friend Rabbit by Eric Rohmann (2002)

Rabbit is a great friend, full of ideas and eager to help. But whenever he does “help” everything goes wrong.

This is a delightful picture book for very young children. There are very few words, allowing the parent and child plenty of room for their imaginations to fill in the story based on Rohmann’s great illustrations. I particularly loved the pile of animals Rabbit arranged in an effort to get the airplane out of the tree!

Of course, everyone forgives Rabbit because he IS such a good and loyal friend, even if he causes more problems than he fixes. ( )
  BookConcierge | Apr 21, 2017 |
Follow a pair of friends that no matter how hard they try get into trouble together. When Rabbit gets Mouse's plane stuck in the tree, Rabbit has to find a way to get it back down. I loved how cute the story was and the fact that sometimes the pictures were more important than the words. I would recommend this book for the ages 4-7, depending on individual reading levels. ( )
  Christopher_279 | Mar 20, 2017 |
Summary: The book is about two firends a rabbit and a mouse who stick together through thick and thin. When mouses plane gets stuck in a tree, rabbit comes to the rescue. Though when he tries to help trouble followes him.
Genre: Fantasy
Review: Easy context to understand.
Medium: Printed
Class: Can use to teach students about the consequences of not thinking things through.
Age: primary-intermidiate
  little_manb | Mar 11, 2017 |
A story about a rabbit and his new toy plane, and the trouble he manages to get himself into.
  Mimarler | Mar 5, 2017 |
We all have that best friend who gets in trouble with us. I enjoy how everything is outlined in what appears to be a big, black, bold sharpie. It makes all the artwork pop and look a little 3-D. My favorite thing about the book it the pages without the words. All you can see is little rabbit with a piece of another animal. He looks like he is struggling when pulling the animal. The way the illustrates it's a struggle is rabbits tongue is out which sometimes symbolizes focusing and the sweat flinging off the top of his forehead. the next page is a huge elephant. The elephant is so detailed we can see all his wrinkles. Rabbit appears to be stacking all the animals up in order to get the airplane out of the tree. Another thing I appreciate, is when the tower calliopes it is done page by page. First, the ducks fall. Then, everyone else follows. All the animals look angry once the tower has fallen. But, the mouse sticks with rabbit because they are best friends and have the airplane back. ( )
  Phallan | Feb 8, 2017 |
For Nicholas, Ethan, and William
My friend Rabbit means well.
But whatever he does, wherever he goes, trouble follows.

This was a cute little story about a mouse and his friend rabbit. Rabbit seems to always have trouble following him. Rabbit gets mouses toy plant stuck into a tree and make a the story fun by using other animals and retrieve the plane. Its a cute story with some lovely illustrations.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 031236752X, Paperback)

Product Description
When Mouse lets his best friend, Rabbit, play with his brand-new airplane, trouble isn't far behind.

A Look Inside My Friend Rabbit
(Click on Images to Enlarge)

"My friend Rabbit means well, but..." "Not to worry, Mouse, I've got an idea." The downside of a good idea "...wherever he goes, trouble follows"

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:30 -0400)

Something always seems to go wrong when Rabbit is around, but Mouse lets him play with his toy plane anyway because he is his good friend.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 115,078,911 books! | Top bar: Always visible