My Friend Rabbit by Eric Rohmann

My Friend Rabbit (original 2002; edition 2011)

by Eric Rohmann, Eric Rohmann (Illustrator)

Member:jaimie919
Title:My Friend Rabbit
Authors:Eric Rohmann
Other authors:Eric Rohmann (Illustrator)
Info:Roaring Brook Press (2011), Edition: Enlarged, Paperback, 32 pages
Rating:***
Tags:easy, problem solving, friendship

My Friend Rabbit by Eric Rohmann (2002)

In this book a little mouse receives a brand new plane. While mouse and his friend rabbit play with this plane it gets stuck in a tree. Mouse has come up with an idea to get his brand new plane out of the tree. Mouse rabbit and his friends stack up on each other and try to get the plane out of the tree. The idea did not work and mouse and all his friends fall down except rabbit who holds on to the plane but still can not get plane out of the tree. At the end of the story mouse comes up with another idea to get the plane out of the tree. the book illustrates determination and not to give up. A person should not give up because he or she have tried many ideas and failed. Sometimes when you try to solve a problem it can lead to other bigger problems but you just have to make ideas until the problem is solved. This is a great idea to teach children to not give up on something because it did not work the first time but to try until they fix it.
  KamarandaJones1 | Jul 8, 2016 |
lots in ILL but no CC
  Cheryl_in_CC_NV | Jun 5, 2016 |
Whenever Rabbit is around, something is bound to go wrong. He doesn't mean to cause trouble; it just works out that way. Mouse knows this but he still allows Rabbit play with his toy plane because they're best friends. "My Friend Rabbit" is about the meaning of friendship and the things we do for friends. ( )
  tmoore3 | May 3, 2016 |
This fun story is a great example of a fantasy because animals do not talk and play together as they do in the book. This story is about a rabbit who is followed by trouble but is loved by his dear friend mouse. Mouse accepts rabbit for who he is. The illustration in this book are fun and vibrant. There is a great use of bright colors and shapes that really grab your attention. Media: relief print ( )
  CrystalBrooks | Mar 30, 2016 |
Genre: Fantasy

I would use this book to:
-teach students about how the illustrations help tell the story
-teach students about conflict and resolution

Summary: This book is about the friendship of a rabbit and a mouse. When mouse lets Rabbit play with his airplane, Rabbit gets it stuck on a tree. Rabbit the thinks of an idea to solve the problem.

Media: watercolor

Critique: "My Friend Rabbit" is a great example of fantasy because the two main characters are talking animals that perform activities that animals in the real world are unable to do. For example, Rabbit and his friend mouse get a toy airplane stuck on a tree and Rabbit gathers and stacks big animals on top of each other to be able to reach and get the airplane down. ( )
  DaliaL. | Mar 4, 2016 |
For Nicholas, Ethan, and William
My friend Rabbit means well.
But whatever he does, wherever he goes, trouble follows.

This was a cute little story about a mouse and his friend rabbit. Rabbit seems to always have trouble following him. Rabbit gets mouses toy plant stuck into a tree and make a the story fun by using other animals and retrieve the plane. Its a cute story with some lovely illustrations.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 031236752X, Paperback)

Product Description
When Mouse lets his best friend, Rabbit, play with his brand-new airplane, trouble isn't far behind.

A Look Inside My Friend Rabbit
(Click on Images to Enlarge)

"My friend Rabbit means well, but..." "Not to worry, Mouse, I've got an idea." The downside of a good idea "...wherever he goes, trouble follows"

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:20:30 -0400)

Something always seems to go wrong when Rabbit is around, but Mouse lets him play with his toy plane anyway because he is his good friend.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 108,338,746 books! | Top bar: Always visible