My Friend Rabbit by Eric Rohmann

My Friend Rabbit (original 2002; edition 2011)

by Eric Rohmann, Eric Rohmann (Illustrator)

Member:jaimie919
Title:My Friend Rabbit
Authors:Eric Rohmann
Other authors:Eric Rohmann (Illustrator)
Info:Roaring Brook Press (2011), Edition: Enlarged, Paperback, 32 pages
Rating:***
Tags:easy, problem solving, friendship

My Friend Rabbit by Eric Rohmann (2002)

Rabbit and mouse are best friends, and Rabbit throws his friends mouse on a plane. The plane gets trapped in the tree, and Rabbit has a plan to get it back. Mouse believes that trouble follows Rabbit, and Rabbit begins to bring an elephant, rhinosoruntos, hippopotamus, dear, bear, crocodile, and a duck. Rabbit asks all of his friends to get on top of each other to reach the plane in the tree, but when they all get on top of each other they collapse. All the animals were not happy at Rabbit, but Mouse believes that Rabbit means well. Once Rabbit and mouse have the plane again they fly together, and Rabbit covers Mouse’s eyes. Rabbit and Mouse crash again, and Rabbit has another idea. ( )
  memaldonado | Mar 1, 2015 |
Summary- This book is a story about a Rabbit that seems to get himself in trouble, although he has the best intentions. Rabbit’s and his friends Mouse’s toy plane get stuck in a tree. Rabbit makes a plan to get the plane out of the tree. His plan evolves other animals such as an elephant, rhino, hippo alligator and a few more friends stacked on top of each other to reach the plane, with Mouse at the top. The plane is just out of reach, but Mouse jumps and reaches it, while the other animals come toppling down. The other animals are not too happy with Rabbit, but Mouse come and save him with the plane. The book ends with the plane stuck in a tree and Rabbit having another plan.
Personal Reaction- I think that the kids I am around would love this book. It has few and simple words so they could read it (mostly) by themselves. The pictures are really well drawn; they are very bright and bold. This book would be great for a preschool class.
Classroom Extensions-
1. “ Toppling Down Animals”- Put the students into a group of 3 or 4. Using stuffed animals see which group can build the tallest tower of stuffed animals. You may have to have each group take turns building, depending on how many stuffed animals you have available in the class.
2. “Mouse’s plane”- Have the student make a paper plane. (You will probably need to help all the students make it). Fly the airplane and whoever goes the farthest wins. The teacher can give extra points if the plane gets stuck in a tree.
3. “Trouble follows”- Have a group sharing time with the students. Have the kids tell about a time when they ad a plan that did not go as planed. ( )
  Sarah0423 | Feb 11, 2015 |
This is a humorous, charming board book for children aged 1 to 5. Several of the pages are wordless. The animals’ expressions convey quite clearly how they feel about what is happening. Even toddlers will delight in the funny illustrations.

Rabbit puts his friend, the mouse, who is also the narrator, into a small plane and propels him into the air. The airplane gets stuck in a tree. The mouse drags an elephant, rhino, hippo, deer, alligator, bear, goose, and squirrel to help. He then piles them, not quite from largest to smallest, and climbs on the top holding out the mouse to get the airplane. Of course, all the animals collapse in a disgruntled heap. Mouse comes to rabbit’s rescue by whisking him away with the airplane, which is now free. The airplane loops around and then gets stuck back in the tree.

Children will enjoy discussing Rabbit’s poor decisions as well as the different responses from Mouse and the other animals. ( )
  Bonnie_Ferrante | Dec 13, 2014 |
Rabbit is a good friend but sometimes he just makes things worst. When a air plain gets stuck in a tree rabbit has a plan that really just put them in a more difficult situation but his friend stick by him any way. I really enjoyed this book and it comes in a giant book. ( )
  jsylve | Dec 12, 2014 |
My Friend Rabbit by Eric Rohmann is a book about two friends, Rabbit and Friends. One friend, Rabbit, unintentionally gets them in dilemmas, he also tries to get them out. It is an easy read with remarkable illustrations. I am not sure what children would learn from this book, but as an adult I can relate to this book. I have friends that always seem to get us into SOMETHING when we are all together and other times I seem to be the friend that gets us into mischief. ( )
  Nijania | Nov 17, 2014 |
For Nicholas, Ethan, and William
My friend Rabbit means well.
But whatever he does, wherever he goes, trouble follows.

This was a cute little story about a mouse and his friend rabbit. Rabbit seems to always have trouble following him. Rabbit gets mouses toy plant stuck into a tree and make a the story fun by using other animals and retrieve the plane. Its a cute story with some lovely illustrations.

Amazon.com Amazon.com Review (ISBN 031236752X, Paperback)

Product Description
When Mouse lets his best friend, Rabbit, play with his brand-new airplane, trouble isn't far behind.

A Look Inside My Friend Rabbit
(Click on Images to Enlarge)

"My friend Rabbit means well, but..." "Not to worry, Mouse, I've got an idea." The downside of a good idea "...wherever he goes, trouble follows"

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 30 Sep 2013 13:53:26 -0400)

Something always seems to go wrong when Rabbit is around, but Mouse lets him play with his toy plane anyway because he is his good friend.

Help/FAQs | About | Privacy/Terms | Blog | Contact | LibraryThing.com | APIs | WikiThing | Common Knowledge | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | 96,156,695 books! | Top bar: Always visible