Whalesong by Robert Siegel
    Bambi: A Life in the Woods by Felix Salten (Anonymous user)
    Ishmael by Daniel Quinn (Anonymous user)
    Black Beauty by Anna Sewell (Anonymous user)

Whalesong by Robert Siegel; (5*)

I found Whalesong to be an engrossing story about the lives of humpback whales. The story begins with the birthing of a new calf. The timeframe is from his infancy through his adulthood; through his parenting and becoming the leader of his whale pod.
What I loved so much about this little book is that it took me completely out of myself and down to the depths of the ocean. I felt a part of the sea and of the pod. Such a heart warming novel to be read time and again. ( )
  rainpebble | Mar 10, 2019 |
This fable follows the life of a whale from infancy to adulthood.
  mackenziespiering | Sep 12, 2016 |
This has to be my favorite non science fiction book of all time. it is rare a book will bring me to tears, and rarer that I will admit it. But this one does, every time I read it.

I have a very old, battered and worn out copy sitting on my bookshelf that gets regular use. LOVED this book. ( )
  Tcubed | Feb 26, 2009 |
Hrunakaya is whale born from two loving humpback whale parents. whales sing a song throughout their lives and it intertwines with other's song until their death.
Hruna journeys along the ocean meeting other species, saving his childhood friends and eventually marrying her. When he returned to his pack, he was hailed leader and he has the responsibility to ensure Humans do not destroy their dreams of singing and swimming in free waters.
its a touching yet simple story about whales. Very nice read especially for animal lovers and conservationists. ( )
  maita | Aug 15, 2007 |
Frankly, this just wasn't that good. I was hoping for a charming little fable, but it's more like a new-agey story about whales being magical and spiritual and so on.
  land_mammal | Mar 16, 2007 |

The classic fable of Hruna the humpback whale and his journey into love, mystery, and spiritual awakening in the waters of the world.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:16:20 -0400)

Recounts the heroic struggle of the humpback whale Hruna to save his pod from destruction by whalers.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,565,964 books! | Top bar: Always visible