Check out the Pride Celebration Treasure Hunt!

Color Me Beautiful by Carole Jackson

Color Me Beautiful

by Carole Jackson

I wish at times there were better pictures and more indepth study but it makes sense. I always knew I looked better in certain colors and this book takes time to make sure this makes sense. Some of the seasons are harder to guess though, and the whole cool versus warm undertones in skin can get confusing. ( )
  ErinPaperbackstash | Jun 14, 2016 |
I owned this book years back, then have no idea what happened to it, so got it again as I remember it being so useful. The color combinations make a lot of sense. It's dated but the color matches aren't really something that goes out of style. Since this book I mainly shop by "my colors" and finds it works every time. The month stuff is a bit confusing and I do suspect many people are a mixture more than the book allows and wish there were easier ways of telling - this part could stand to be updated! ( )
  ErinPaperbackstash | Jun 14, 2016 |
This book explained why I hate gray and why I've always felt uncomfortable wearing it. I've found it to be a reliable wardrobe guide, and while shopping you can just ignore all the stuff on the racks that's just not going to suit you. The non-color guidance is fairly standard, and the illustrations are out of date. It really needs to be updated. ( )
  IreneF | Sep 30, 2008 |
If you already understand how colors work, you don't need this. In fact, you'll probably find the color palettes confining. I'm not sure it works all that well for people of color, either, although there are non-white models. It seems like people of color are pretty much limited to one or two of the four palettes. However, if you're light-skinned and clueless about color, this is a kind of "colors for dummies" book. Very useful, and has helped me immensely. ( )
  maryh10000 | Sep 9, 2007 |
This is a great book, if you can look past the seriously dated photographs. The original "color" system, and something I use in my everyday life. I definitely believe in using color to its best advantage. ( )
  herebedragons | Feb 3, 2007 |

Using simple guidelines, professional color consultant Carole Jackson helps you choose the thirty shades that make you look smashing. COLOR ME BEAUTIFUL will also help you: develop your color personality; learn to perfect your make-up color; discover your clothing personality; use color to solve specific figure problems, and more, including full-color palettes containing the thirty shades for each season--pages you can cut out to carry when you shop!

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 12 Mar 2015 18:00:52 -0400)

Color is magic! No matter what kind of clothes you like to wear, the right colors can make the difference between looking drab and looking radiant! Using simple guidelines, professional color consultant Carole Jackson helps you choose the thirty shades that make you look smashing.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 135,519,640 books! | Top bar: Always visible