Rescue the Captors by Russell Stendal

Rescue the Captors

by Russell Stendal

631188,983 (4)1

This book is a true story about the author who was kidnapped in Columbia by a group of guerrilla fighters when he was working as a jungle pilot.

Along with the actual kidnapping story itself and subsequent time in captivity, he weaves in stories from his childhood and early adulthood missionary and God adventures.

I greatly appreciated the author’s openness and honesty in the way he reveals his own faults and how God turned them around.

I also greatly liked the way he shared his faith with his captors, not at all by beating them over the head with the Bible but by getting to know them and sharing how God redeemed his own mistakes and by having a merciful forgiving attitude towards them.

Christian truths were weaved unobtrusively throughout giving much food for thought. There were several times where I paused my reading just to think about God.

Also included is an appendix with a much more intensive addition of some Christian truths that the author gleaned from the beatitudes.

A couple of interesting quotes:

Our only hope is to admit our faults and failures. We don’t have to be perfect to come to God, but we do have to be honest.

The Greek word ["meek"] really means an attitude of heart and mind that is in submission to God and to God’s plans exclusively.

If you like true missionary stories or true Christian persecution stories you will love this book.

To purchase your own copy of this book go here:Rescue the Captors: True Hostage Situation Involving Colombian Marxist Guerrillas and a Missionary Simply Using the Experience to Share the Gospel

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Life Sentencing Publishing. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commision’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” ( )
  cherylcope | Jun 4, 2014 |

True Hostage Situation Involving Colombian Marxist Guerrillas and a Missionary Simply Using the Experience to Share the Gospel.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,373,387 books! | Top bar: Always visible